Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Greatest Heavyweight Southpaw is?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest Heavyweight Southpaw is?????

Here is my top 5 list.

1: Ruslan Chagaev
    2: Michael Moorer
    3: Chris Byrd
    4: Sultan Ibragimov
    5: Corrie Sanders

Seem strange that heavyweight southpaws are such a rarity in boxing.

But who do you think is the greatest?

Poll Coming!!!
    Ruslan Chagaev
    5.56%
    Michael Moorer
    61.11%
    Chris Byrd
    5.56%
    Sultan Ibragimov
    5.56%
    Sultan Ibragimov
    0.00%
    Other (Please State)
    22.22%

For me its definately Michael "Double M" Moorer. He finished with a KO record of 70%
    He fought the following "known" fighters:
    Vasily Jirov
    David Tua
    Frans Botha
    Evander Holyfield
    George Foreman
    Alex Shulz
    Bert Cooper
    Alex Stewart

He was also a 2 division champion - WBO in the light heavyweight ranks and IBF & WBA champ in the heavyweight division

A close second would have to be Chris Byrd. Byrd was a guy that the fans did not like because he was kind of boring, but if you really appreciate the sport you would have appreciated his style. He wasnt a heavy handed fighter but he was pretty slick inside the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by neilk10 View Post
      For me its definately Michael "Double M" Moorer. He finished with a KO record of 70%
      Vasily Jirov
      David Tua
      Frans Botha
      Evander Holyfield
      George Foreman
      Alex Shulz
      Bert Cooper
      Alex Stewart

He was also a 2 division champion - WBO in the light heavyweight ranks and IBF & WBA champ in the heavyweight division

A close second would have to be Chris Byrd. Byrd was a guy that the fans did not like because he was kind of boring, but if you really appreciate the sport you would have appreciated his style. He wasnt a heavy handed fighter but he was pretty slick inside the ring.

what a fight that was

holy guacamole

Comment

Originally posted by neilk10 View Post
        Vasily Jirov
        David Tua
        Frans Botha
        Evander Holyfield
        George Foreman
        Alex Shulz
        Bert Cooper
        Alex Stewart

Good points, Moorer should be no.1

Comment

Michael Moorer was the best, Mike Tyson was a lefty, Cus taught him to fight orthodox.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
            Michael Moorer was the best, Mike Tyson was a lefty, Cus taught him to fight orthodox.
            never heard that one before. Heard of DLH and heard winky is right handed.

never seen anyone mention tyson before, I think he is naturally right handed

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              never heard that one before. Heard of DLH and heard winky is right handed.

never seen anyone mention tyson before, I think he is naturally right handed
              no, tyson is left handed. thought that was common knowledge.

tyson is special bcuz he could really punch with both hands. usually when you have a converted fighter they carry all their power in their naturally stronger hand (DLH, cotto, frazier, dawson) or they dont have any power at all (winky wright). not mike though.

michael moorer himself is a converted fighter btw, naturally right handed. frazier was a natural lefty like mike.
              Last edited by #1Assassin; 05-02-2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Michael Moorer easily.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  no, tyson is left handed. thought that was common knowledge.

tyson is special bcuz he could really punch with both hands. usually when you have a converted fighter they carry all their power in their naturally stronger hand (DLH, cotto, frazier, dawson) or they dont have any power at all (winky wright). not mike though.

michael moorer himself is a converted fighter btw, naturally right handed. frazier was a natural lefty like mike.

O RLY?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdCMulv9W94

pwned,

Next

Comment

Like I said in the other thread, Michael Moorer is the best Southpaw. Corrie Sanders was incredibly dangerous with the deceptive hand speed and effortless power punches.

I reckon Moorer could finish Sanders in a war.

Comment

Working...
                    X