Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Assesses What He Saw in McGregor-Malignaggi Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I anticipated him using this to hype McGregor up even more, but instead he downplayed it and sided with Paulie, .
    Unlike Connor floyd is a loyal guy, he would never disrespect paulie who is his friend for a few more ppv buys by implying Connor was beating his ass up even though he could easily have done so.

Its things like this that build trust and loyalty that money can not buy, one thing about floyd is he a stand up guy to the fullest. Meanwhile no boxer of note is going to ever want to spar with connor ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyD729 View Post
      Don't gamble your rent money
      Losing a days pay won't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by icebergisonfire View Post
        That's all that matters here. Out of shape Paulie got by with guile and moxie against someone in the prime of their physical ability. Floyd by murder.
        out of shape pro boxer > in shape non pro boxer

doesnt matter how you guys want to justify this. i keep seeing the same post talking about paulie was out of shape. so what nugga? conor is NOT a pro boxer.

that's like saying tom brady should have dominated kobe bryant in a 1 on 1 basketball since kobe has been retired for a few years now and brady is still active.

Comment

He's right. It should not have gone anywhere close to 12 rounds with a retired, and super out of shape, Paulie. Even if he put in work, that doesn't bode well for Conor, at all, and I think we know even more clearly how bad he's gonna get beat.

And don't forget, this was an actual fight, pretty much, the way it was described, so it wasn't a typical, work on certain things here and there type of sparring session. Conor should have seriously finished him, being in prime shape, and training everyday. Imagine a guy like Erol Spence sparring Paulie. Wouldn't have even gone 6 or 7 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
            He's right. It should not have gone anywhere close to 12 rounds with a retired, and super out of shape, Paulie. Even if he put in work, that doesn't bode well for Conor, at all, and I think we know even more clearly how bad he's gonna get beat.

And don't forget, this was an actual fight, pretty much, the way it was described, so it wasn't a typical, work on certain things here and there type of sparring session. Conor should have seriously finished him, being in prime shape, and training everyday. Imagine a guy like Erol Spence sparring Paulie. Wouldn't have even gone 6 or 7 rounds.
            pro boxer > non pro boxer

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              pro boxer > non pro boxer
              Exactly. Conor's not on that pro level of boxing.

Comment

Why not bring in ricky hatton for sparring, have him go 12 rounds, former champion right? younger than floyd too.

Comment

Still cant get over that left Conor hit Paulie with

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    Even under those circumstances Conor shouldn't be able to win rounds against a world champion level boxer with no experience. Not that he beats Floyd but it does mean something whether you admit it or not.
                    I can beat a world class sprinter in a race after they are completely exhausted. That doesn't prove I can compete in racing.

I hope all these people claiming McGregor will win come back to eat their words after this joke of a fight is over

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      I'm thinking DQ might be more likely. I didn't realize til a day or two ago Conor lost 2 pts in his own sparring session. That doesn't bode well for what he'll be doing in a legit fight. I think this could end up being a Tyson-like performance, minus the ear biting, with a guy fouling to get out of the fight when things don't go well for him early.

wut? how do you loose points in sparring?

Comment

Working...
                      X