No announcement yet.

Rounds or Nonstop?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rounds or Nonstop?

I was wondering if it would be better to do 5 rounds on the heavy bag or just do 15 minutes straight. What do you guys think?

Boxing is intervall, mainly rounds.

You need combination do 15min long ones one once in while.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonForeman
      I was wondering if it would be better to do 5 rounds on the heavy bag or just do 15 minutes straight. What do you guys think?
      I do both,

Rounds are good for fitness because i push myself hard for 3mins, take a 30 second break and do it again.

I normally do work on technique if i'm not doing rounds, i just go at a decent pace for 30mins on the bags and work on anything that needs a tune up(e.g. head movement, jab etc)

Comment

yea do both you need intervals to work on recovery too.

Comment

intervals are the way to go ,working with intensity, broken up with periods of rest seem to me to be the most productive way to train, and its not just the physical benefits, mentally, i find it far easier to work in short sharp burst rather then the boring same pace plodding workouts

Comment

Mixing it up is good; its also good to do workouts with lots of 1min rounds to work on speed and explosion.

Comment

Rounds, I do six to eight rounds, 2 to 3 times a week on the heavy bag, and It's worked great for my stamina.

Comment

rounds do about 5 rounds and every 3 minutes rest for a minute that builds better stamina

Comment

I do 15 2min rounds 2-3 times a week, i seldom do longer rounds.

Comment

i do 3 minute rounds of heavy bag, jump rope, shadow boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X