Bas Rutten “Kimbo Has More Skill Than Lesnar.”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bas Rutten “Kimbo Has More Skill Than Lesnar.”

http://www.themmanews.com/?p=1625

EliteXC held their Conference Call today and it was quite a lively affair. In addition to the usual banter between Ken Shamrock and Kimbo Slice(during which Shamrock certainly held his own) there was an interesting comment made by Slice’s trainer Bas Rutten. Here’s the gist of it(not a direct quote):

Kimbo has much more skill than Brock Lesnar and feels he is a more well rounded fighter. Bas doesnt want to take anything away from Lesnar, but he feels Kimbo is just better.

Rutten has been known to be a straight shooter in the MMA world, but this statement is a hard one to justify, especially after Slice’s last performance. EliteXC CBS Saturday Night Fights takes place on October 4th and will feature Ken Shamrock returning to action against mainstream MMA fighter Kimbo Slice.

***Cmon Bas! that's not True***

Funny!

Brock's trainer says the same thing about Brock!

Kimbo has got the foundation and he will be a force in the future. But it kills me that he is hyped so much, false advertising in my opinion!!

Business is Business I guess!

Comment

bull****.

lesnar has a high school and collegiate wrestling background.

what's bimbo spice's background? bouncer for strippers?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        bull****.

lesnar has a high school and collegiate wrestling background.

what's bimbo spice's background? bouncer for strippers?
        I would pick a person who's been fighting their entire life to win a fight over a high school wrestler.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
          I would pick a person who's been fighting their entire life to win a fight over a high school wrestler.
          i can agree with that statement...
          but lesnar was not just a high school wrestler...
          he was all american and the best in the country in college lol

I dont even know if kimbos striking is even that much better then brocks, but i do know in only two mma fights lesnars opposition far outshines any W kimbo has or possibly will ever have.

Comment

Good Lord, Bas is either losing the plot or he just came back from Holland and hasn't quite fully recovered.

Comment

Like Mayweather said, UFC is for the bums who could not make it to the bigtime of boxing!!! Kimbo Slice, the backyard boxer turned brawling bum epitomises the bum philosophy of UFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis Vastine View Post
                Like Mayweather said, UFC is for the bums who could not make it to the bigtime of boxing!!! Kimbo Slice, the backyard boxer turned brawling bum epitomises the bum philosophy of UFC.
                Erm, Kimbo fights in EliteXC smarty-pants. I guess that means that guys like BJ Penn or Randy Couture who came from a grappling background and are proven world-class operators in their respective fields are just bums too. You don't have a clue what you're talking about just like Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Brock has better cardio than Ferguson. Yea Fergy can punch like a mule
                  but he gases pretty damn fast. Bas is full of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jakkups View Post
                    Good Lord, Bas is either losing the plot or he just came back from Holland and hasn't quite fully recovered.
                    Lol, no ****.

As for the article, I really don't see why they couldn't just quote Bas directly, rather than offering a ****ty (as well as ungrammatical) paraphrase.

Comment

Working...
                    X