No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather still on top after Mannys rise and Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
    This is embarrasing fanboyism at its very worst. This is apparently a grown man writing this absolute steaming pile of disingenuous guff, although you could be forgiven for thinking its a pre pubescent schoolgirl writing about their favourite pop star.

Its incredible, but not surprising, that these idiots have made dozens of bumsniffer threads since saturday, somehow they seem to believe that Floyd actually fought or that the result somehow elevated the standing of their hero, a man that rarely fights(conveniently) and has managed to swerve every single real threat since the middle of the last decade.

Terrible stuff, toe curlingly embarrasing and the mods need to do more to keep this kind of piss off of the board.
    It's unbelievably pathetic. Can you imagine if after Ali-Frazier, or Hagler-Hearns, this is how our fathers and grandfathers acted? Can you imagine that? It's embarrassing to be even tangentially associated with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      i have to agree that there have been some questionable threads made after saturday. whatever this is NSB, what can ya do...
      God help me, I'm starting to think you're alright....please do something to make me think you're a nob again!

All joking aside, you are right a lot of questionable threads, the absolute worst was check hooks PED crusader thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        It's unbelievably pathetic. Can you imagine if after Ali-Frazier, or Hagler-Hearns, this is how our fathers and grandfathers acted? Can you imagine that? It's embarrassing to be even tangentially associated with it.
        Its funny you mention Hagler. I often think of that disapproving look of his when I read some of the crap posted here.

Comment

God help me, I'm starting to think you're alright....please do something to make me think you're a nob again!

All joking aside, you are right a lot of questionable threads, the absolute worst was check hooks PED crusader thread.
          i saw some stuff here and there about it, but only yesterday did I find out that the moron ACTUALLY made an online petition. I had no words, and still am hoping its all a big hoax, cause my goodness

and dont you worry, Im sure you'll have plenty of chances to think Im a nob again, one the days I feel like trolling...

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
            Only until recent times has he become a bit tentative with his selection of opponents. But you can't fault the fact that most are ranked at the top of their respective divisions. Have you watched he career at Super Feather? He was really special there.
            Rankings are a joke man, mostly meaningless. The Ring had Boner at 5 p4p the other day and guerrero in the top ten, and the sanctioning(shakedown) bodies are even more shameless.

Comment

Rankings are a joke man, mostly meaningless. The Ring had Boner at 5 p4p the other day and guerrero in the top ten, and the sanctioning(shakedown) bodies are even more shameless.
              this is an absolute disgrace and shows that DLH is a filthy whore for printing something this ludicrous in The Ring. Broner certainly does not deserve a spot (yet) and we know RG was put on there because he is probly fighting floyd next, but that is an absolute joke. they can just change the rankings and the p4p spots at will, just to make the fights seem more legit to the casuals. fuck them!

and dont get me started on the sanctioning bodies "peeleft:

Comment

Comment

Ha ha, all this Floyd is favourite in fantasy fights, yet wont fight people who will pose him threat. He wont be favourite at middleweight against Sergio yet we know he wont fight him there. It will be a toss up at 154 but he wont fight Sergio there. He wouldnt fight Pac.

People beat better fighters than Floyd, yet Floyd is still number one? P4p should based on what you actually do, rather than what people think you can do. Cos to say or fantasise Floyd can do things he hasnt actually done, means you are overating him and being delusional, like Floyd fans are. Floyd being no1 is him being overating and bestowing powers on Floyd he hasnt proved but what you think he can do.
                  Fight Floyd fight. Dont be scared to justify your God like boxing status.
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 12-12-2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                    very well said. He goes in favourite vs any opponent now too. IT's all bullcrap. All these guys he's fought he was ducking at one point, and it's the same now.
                    Floyd has made himself very polarizing. His self agrandizing statements, the way he used social media, and the crap with his family will always be fuel for those who simply dont like him or his persona. If you have to use only some of the facts to evaluate his whole career, so be it. That wont change the fact that he has been recognized as the top p4p fighter for a very long time.

floyd made it to the top on his terms. HBO invested in him and they along with TR gave him a platform to grow. he took the blueprint that TR showed him and used it masterfully once he left. Long before he was "money" he was the quintessential "high risk, low reward" fight for all the big names. Once he became a big name, he managed his career in a way that he profited immensely but boxing as a sport didn't.

Part of the reason floyd hasn't lost is matchmaking, which is key for ANY boxer in history. The other is because floyd has honed and practiced his craft since he was a child. He is the son of a world ranked fighter, is trained by an uncle who was a world champion (when belts meant something), and puts in the work necessary to succeed. As a fan, I just wish he showed more of that part of his life.

I wish floyd had fought more and put the sport ahead of himself. But being a sellfish, egotistical, immature ******* that is desperate for fans attenttion doesn't change the fact that he is the best boxer of his generation.

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                      Floyd only fights world champions coming off of big wins and dominates them,he is currently #1 at ww and #1 at 154 and #1 p4p...amazing...wbc ww champ and wba 154 champ
                      and yet people still talk trash. thats why i asked that question. what the hell do people want him to do..? oh yeah, fight middleweights...

Comment

Working...
                      X