No announcement yet.

Galento vs Butterbean

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Stamina would be the greatest factor here. Butterbean only fought fights longer than the pro minimum 4 rounds twice, going 10 rounds, once in Larry Holmes' last pro fight so Two Ton will rush in, get to work on him and once he gets past that 4th round, will drown The Bean in those deep waters. A 15 round boxer vs. a 4 rounder? Doesn't look too good for Butterbean.
    Anthony you often are the voice of reason!

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      Please now, that is nothing but average rope jumping. Who can do it? Every heavyweight worth anything, even today's
      I would bet Butterbean could not...which is my point, Toney may have been a brawler but he was in fighting shape, there was nothing soft on him. The bean has a lot of soft spots by comparison.

Best quote from him was when somebody asked him why he ran at night and he said, I fight at night.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        I would bet Butterbean could not...which is my point, Toney may have been a brawler but he was in fighting shape, there was nothing soft on him. The bean has a lot of soft spots by comparison.

Best quote from him was when somebody asked him why he ran at night and he said, I fight at night.
        I’ll see you soon unbanned for the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          I’ll see you soon unbanned for the moment
          You threatening me?

Comment

Anthony you often are the voice of reason!
            HA, I've often thought the same about you. I remember The WWF has this awful boxing tournament that seemed to go on forever called The Brawl for All. The winner, in addition to his cash prize, got the honor of fighting Butterbean that year at Wrestlemania. Hmm, a guy with little to no boxing experience fighting a 300 pound slugger who has won toughman contests and regularly knocks out his opponents. What could do wrong there? Then after Vince McMahon completely sets up poor Bart Gunn for failure, he proceeds to fire him. Sounds like a tough business. At least when they had Evander Holyfield TKO Matt Hardy, it was somewhat staged. Gunn was just completely destroyed with no punches pulled whatsoever. The boxing match between Roddy Piper and Mr. T was a little more entertaining. The one between Andre The Giant and Gorilla Monsoon was a lot more entertaining, where they had Andre chase Gorilla outside the ring at one point to get to him. It's theatrics, so might as well make it fun. Hell, boxing these days is getting almost as ridiculous, with multiple belts, posturing interviews and press conferences, top heavyweights ducking each other.

They might as well go all the way and have them attacking each other physically before their matches with chairs or putting them through tables. "My goodness, I think he damn near broke him in half."

Comment

You threatening me?
              Neverr! .......

Comment

I think Galento would kill him too. I just think he is a so-so rope jumper. And I said any heavyweight worth anything, which Bean wasn't IMO.

Comment

Galento is 1930s fat which is just modern day dad bod. The "normal" heavyweights get fatter than that between fights. Arrerola has come into fights fatter than him.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    Galento is 1930s fat which is just modern day dad bod. The "normal" heavyweights get fatter than that between fights. Arrerola has come into fights fatter than him.
                    Good point.

I do find your avatar and sig pics disturbing, though, Mr. Elfag.

Comment

I honestly think, with no irony here that I could predict, to the round, what would happen in this fight: It would be a nightmare for the Bean, a real beating that would turn the bean into Hummus, or mashed bean pea.

the Beans big problem is that Galento, while he likes to present a certain image, is deceptive. He did lots of roadwork, had good endurance, and was very technically proficient as a brawler, believe it or not. Most of the beans success revolves around keeping some guy at a distance. The bean's head is back, he has is girth that has to be encountered, meanwhile he is using his reach. Look at his fights if you don't believe me. heres why: Even though Bean does not have the wingspan of a guy like Wilder, His head is past his girth so to hit him someone has to get around him enough. This actually gives him the advantage he needs to keep a guy outside....Unfortunately aint happening with Toney.

Galento will not even think twice and will absolutely never give bean any room. he will come in, head down, stick his head on bean's girth and fire away at will. he will pressure the bean from this position, hooking, uppercutting, stepping on his feet, hitting him in the gut, all the while with his head close enough that the bean cannot get to him.

After around the third round the bean will be a bloody, protesting mess...His face will throb from Galento's head hitting in (like Evander did at times), his body will hurt from the punches he has absorbed and he will be exhausted from trying to keep Galento back. At this point Galento will low blow him, get him focused down stairs in some manner and hook him to sleep with a series of short punches. I would be suprised if the Bean lasted 5 rounds. In a 3 rounder the Bean escapes a KO but swears never to go near New jersey again.

Oh and here is the reason; Galanto was an excellent inside fighter. before Marciano reinvented the the Hank Armstrong shuffle, Galento was a guy that was good enough at the brawl that he could get himself inside on guys who did not want him there. Two Ton was one of the best inside fighting heavies really. Its just that to his way of thinking, why waste time with footwork and angles? So he would throw himself in and stick there, would you want to try to keep him off of you? He stunk (yes he used Tuna Oil) would throw from any angle inside, and would just put his weight upon you. No way Bean can deal with someone as good from that range as Galento. I doubt Bean hits him once...Galento came in with his head down.
                      The bean beat bums... guys who were not good enough for the nfl.. lives get ruined when fools get tole they got talent.. peace big brother... tacos on you!

Comment

Working...
                      X