Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endgames.. Did SRL get inside Haglers head?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronMike* View Post
    You should watch this documentary. It touches on a lot of your points:

5 parts
    Can you see?.. "I aint missing"..... Awesome,, cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      He wasn't as motivated but, no way can you put that down to the sole reason of his decline.
      What i'm saying, is that his decline wasn't profoundly imminent and had he not lost the plot against Leonard (or not fought the slippery sob period) there was plenty of life left in the old dog yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post

John Mugabe fought the fight of his life that night and would have probably ko'd a horse had Hagler not been put infront of him.
        Mugabi was amazing that night and anyone BUT Marvin Hagler would have been taking a 10 count

Damn near anyone else anyway, The Beast was exactly that on that night a Beast!

There was a big write up on Mugabi about a year ago in Boxing Monthly and by all accounts he was just a freak of a man in the gym. He'd sneak out at night and stumble back in at stupid oClock with a few cans of beer left, get up first thing with the lads and still beat them all at running ect.

Comment

The Hagler fight took an awful lot out of Mugabi and he was never the same afterwards. He did put on a valiant effort and this was just an example of someone in a slighly higher class wearing down the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
            While the judging wasn't the best, Hagler has no one to blame but himself for that loss. He gave away the first three rounds fighting orthodox trying to show that Leonard wasn't in his class, and his hubris bit him in the ass.
            I agree 100 percent. And to answer the TS question Leonard definitely got into Hagler's head. Hagler was doing a lot of uncharacteristic things that demonstrated he was nervous. The talking ("lets go!") before the bell opening bell, fighting from a right handed stance, and the dancing at the end of the fight let me know Hagler wasn't sure of himself before or after the final bell. Leonard had everything to do with that. In addition to Hagler's reflexes slipping. He was not the same fighter he was pre Hearns.

I also think Leonard deserved the decision in a close fight.
            Last edited by joseph5620; 01-21-2011, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X