No announcement yet.

Would Pacquaio beat Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
    i don't know ..mosley looked petrified against pacquiao and got knocked down easily with one punch..againsy canelo, mosley didn't have a problem eating up punches and coming forward all night.

pacquiao's speed, stamina, punching power, and footwork would pose too much of a problem for canelo...
    A good point. I would take Pac over Canelo. Can't wait to see how Pac looks against Rios.

Comment

• YES! Lets be honest, Pacquiao built his Career up fighting Flat Footed Mexican fighters, to me he looks his BEST against that style. So yeah I think Pacquiao would STOP Canelo. Fans put way too much into size and weight, that **** a lot don't win fights. You still have to go out and connect with your Power and if you don't know how to use your size to your advantage then your carrying extra weight for nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by Ichee

There is no proof that Marquez used PEDs just speculation.
        You are playing dumb here and hypocrite. The floydiots are quick to believe and swore Pac was on PED after their coward hero accusation but then after Floyd paid Pac for the damages he made, declared Pac a great fighter never on PED they stick their gun on the accusation. Only the low iq floydiots will believe Marquez hired Heredia just to jerk him off just like Floyd monthly visit to his TRT friend clinic to play poker game.

Comment

• I think those ALT in red should never allowed to post here in NSB or much better ban them immediately. They are polluting the board with their nonsense.

Comment

• i wanna see how Pac looks before I decide. I think Canelo's size and underrated skill might cause problems. Either way, I'd love to see this fight, much more than the mayweather fight, actually.

Comment

• All depends if canelo can time pac.

I'd favor pac 70/30 with his movement and relentlessness .

Comment

• Originally posted by Ichee
                Canelo isn't exactly flat footed he does move around and try to get different looks before he mount an attack. He is a thinker in the ring, something that many opponents that Pacquiao faced wasn't. Also as someone mentioned he has a straight right hand that is pretty accurate. Pacquiao gets hit alot by that punch as well as the jab. Canelo is not going to win this fight by power but by outsmarting Pacquiao which I think he more than capable of doing. No one put alot in weight but it does impose a difference in how punches affect a boxer, Pacquiao also wouldn't fight a healthy Alvarez or anyone above 150 and a rehydration clause. Canelo also have a good body attack something that will affect Pac, just look at the Marg fight and his previous two K.O losses and you will see how much body punches effect his boxing.
                Canelo would struggle to land clean against Pacquiao he would be too quick, yeah Canelo can look good against Stationary fighters who stand right in front of him, Pacquiao moves...A LOT, he can dart in and out and strike from just about any and every angle. Canelo should slightly better movement in his feet against Trout and should that he can bounce around a bit but he is still flat footed and once he gets tired, he really becomes sluggish and flat footed

Pacquiao would dart in and out landing what ever he wants against Canelo and be quick enough to be gone by the time Canelo tries to counter, you beat Pacquiao with Counters and timing, Canelo don't have neither of that

Comment

• I'll go what history suggests. If Floyd beat Canelo so Pac will just like how he beat easily their 4 common opponents (Oscar, Hatton, Mosley, Cotto).

Comment

• Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                    I'll go what history suggests. If Floyd beat Canelo so Pac will just like how he beat easily their 4 common opponents (Oscar, Hatton, Mosley, Cotto).
                    That makes no sense. Triangle theories don't work in boxing. Floyd beat an over the hill Oscar, Manny beat an even more over the hill and weight drained Oscar, so Manny's victory really doesn't count in my book. Mosley? Mosley was way too old and also is a less credible victory for Manny, a prime Mosley would have given him a war. Only Cotto is comparable, and even then, we haven't even talked about how styles match up.

Comment

• Pac would def have made Alvarez come to 150lbs.

The weight loss might have been the difference between Alvarez winning or losing.

Comment

Working...
                      X