No announcement yet.

Vargas vs Trinidad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
    Trinidad had his weak points, but you really had to be a hell of a fighter to capitalize on them. he was awesome at what he did.
    of course i agree.

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
      u guys say u want the best to fight the best then when they do its poor management..... ppl give broner hell or canelo but if a similiar thing happen to 1 of them I can only imagine ppl will be saying the same thing u just said in regards to vargas... so the question is... do yall want these young talented fighters to step up n class or not.... its 1 or the other, cant want both
      Well, considering you JUST tuned into this fight I'm assuming you weren't aware Fernando only had 20 fights. Hell Tito had more KO's then Vargas fights.

But, you know what, you are right if more young champs didn't take risks as did Vargas than the soup would be bland indefinitely.

Tito took care of business that night and I loved every minute of it!

Comment

This is one of those fight where everyone wins. Two warriors leaving it all in the ring. Vargas could have been even better if he was brought up the way Mikey Garcia was.

Comment

Vargas-Trinidad was the fight to be made at the time and Vargas,as one of the top rated fighters in the division,would have looked bad had they not taken the fight at the time.And 'El Feroz' just wasn't the type of personality to avoid a significant fight like that,anyway.He'd have demanded it even if those around him felt he wasn't ready for it.

What I love is how Vargas managed to survive almost being knocked out by one of the most ruthless finishers in the game and maintained his composure when many young fighters possibly wouldn't have.Vargas displayed a great deal of courage,but it was his boxing ability and equanimity that enabled him to get back into the fight.This was a violent,highly-tactical war as opposed to two guys just standing toe-to-toe and trading shots.

Watching post-Trinidad Vargas really doesn't do him justice.

Comment

Vargas wasnt as green as some people say he was, remmember when he called out Tito..he had just beaten Ike Quartey. Vargas was a monster with huge balls man, he went out and wanted to prove that he was capable of going toe to toe with Tito..that was a classic fight man..phuking classic

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
              What I love is how Vargas managed to survive almost being knocked out by one of the most ruthless finishers in the game and maintained his composure when many young fighters possibly wouldn't have.Vargas displayed a great deal of courage,but it was his boxing ability and equanimity that enabled him to get back into the fight.This was a violent,highly-tactical war as opposed to two guys just standing toe-to-toe and trading shots.
              great post.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                Vargas wasnt as green as some people say he was, remmember when he called out Tito..he had just beaten Ike Quartey. Vargas was a monster with huge balls man, he went out and wanted to prove that he was capable of going toe to toe with Tito..that was a classic fight man..phuking classic
                Vargas called him out and Tito responded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVIuim3PjeQ

Comment

Originally posted by JuanRakan View Post
                  This is one of those fight where everyone wins. Two warriors leaving it all in the ring. Vargas could have been even better if he was brought up the way Mikey Garcia was.
                  Except Vargas' career afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                    Vargas called him out and Tito responded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVIuim3PjeQ
                    He showed class in calling out Tito.

Seems he had a lot more respect for Trinidad than for De La Hoya haha.

Comment

Lol i was 11 years old when this fight happen, i was a big fan of Vargas, i remember watching it with all my dads friends n that 1st round was crazy, these were the good ol times

I remember DLH vs Quartey also a good fight, we need more top fighters to fight each other, noe but mismatches n business decisions

Donaire vs Mares is a classic fight that is slipping away, i would also like Matthysse vs Marquez or Marquez vs Rios winners should get a shot at lil Floyd

Comment

Working...
                      X