No announcement yet.

Max Holloway vs. Alexander Volkanovski set for UFC 245

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Holloway vs. Alexander Volkanovski set for UFC 245

Las Vegas is getting another championship fight.

MMA Fighting’s Damon Martin confirmed with sources that featherweight champion Max Holloway’s next title defense will be against Alexander Volkanovski at UFC 245 on Dec. 14 at T-Mobile Arena.

The news was reported as being official by Telegraph Sport on Saturday after initially being reported by KUMITE TV.

A bantamweight title bout between champion Amanda Nunes and Germaine de Randamie is also expected to take place on this card.

In his last outing at UFC 240, Holloway (21-4) rebounded from a failed bid to win an interim title by earning a lopsided unanimous decision victory over Frankie Edgar to record his third consecutive championship defense. “Blessed” has won his last 14 featherweight bouts (including one catchweight affair in which his opponent missed weight).

Volkanovski (20-1) is a perfect 7-0 in the UFC so far, with wins over former champion Jose Aldo and multiple-time title challenger Chad Mendes. The Australian fighter is on a 17-fight win streak dating back to December 2013.

Max is the best, end of.

I was hoping this would be the next fight as Volk deserves it and he is arguably the most dangerous guy for Holloway. Anyone who hates on Max can pi$$ right off and never comment on MMA ever again.

Max is the easiest fighter in the UFC EVER to just accept a fight without any diva chit, and face the top guys. He had to go on an absolute tear to get his title shot, beat Aldo in his hometown, and then rematched him right away without any complaint. He had the balls to step up to LW twice (Khabib and Poirier) and went straight back to kick ass at FW like the true champion he is, fighting all contenders.

Most guys say they will fight anyone, but then there are 5000 demands that need to be met. Even 'gangsters' like Diaz are a pain in the ass to deal with, but Holloway just signs and fights, signs and fights. Most respectable MMA fighter easy, no doubt. I hope he gets a fight in Hawaii, he has done so damn much for the company. A real man's man and a real warrior of warriors, Max 'Blessed' Holloway.

Comment

Good fight, Volkanovski is a worthy contender but i cant see him beating max

Comment

Originally posted by 'b' View Post
        Max is the best, end of.

I was hoping this would be the next fight as Volk deserves it and he is arguably the most dangerous guy for Holloway. Anyone who hates on Max can pi$$ right off and never comment on MMA ever again.

Max is the easiest fighter in the UFC EVER to just accept a fight without any diva chit, and face the top guys. He had to go on an absolute tear to get his title shot, beat Aldo in his hometown, and then rematched him right away without any complaint. He had the balls to step up to LW twice (Khabib and Poirier) and went straight back to kick ass at FW like the true champion he is, fighting all contenders.

Most guys say they will fight anyone, but then there are 5000 demands that need to be met. Even 'gangsters' like Diaz are a pain in the ass to deal with, but Holloway just signs and fights, signs and fights. Most respectable MMA fighter easy, no doubt. I hope he gets a fight in Hawaii, he has done so damn much for the company. A real man's man and a real warrior of warriors, Max 'Blessed' Holloway.
        Completely agree with you.

Comment

Working...
        X