• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
    Best heavyweight boxer, swarmer and slugger

Boxer: Muhamad Ali
    Swarmer: Mike Tyson
    Slugger: George foreman

cant see it any other way
    Tiger Style!...Crane Technique!...Shaolin Munk...HMM!

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
      The challenge this thread presents is to classify fighters into three basic categories of styles. On a P4P basis and by default, Duran was assigned to the slugger category. His versatility makes it very difficult to pigeon-hole, as he's exibited all three categories in one fight or another - vs Moore (boxer), vs Leonard (Swarmer/brawler) vs Cuevas (slugger) - to name a few.
      He was a classic boxer-puncher throughout his lightweight years, which are the years any classification should be based on. There's no basis on which to call Duran a brawler or a slugger.

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
        just shows you how great that era was to have 3 of the best at that time. I would still consider tyson more of a swarmer tho, so i would have him just above frazier but frazier is definitly the better example of a swarmer. I think the heavier the weight the clearer these styles are
        Exactly, what an Era! I wasnt sure what to class Mike as and Joe was the purest swarmer i could think of and brilliant too so he got the nod....

For the record as much of a Frazier fan as i am i think Tyson merks him early.

Comment

Working...
        X