• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
    GGG doesn't take risks. Dream on
    LMAO...

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      At this point? At what point would he not handle GGG?
      Beating a guy and walking right through him are different. This version of ggg would most likely take a terrible beating without even being reasonably competitive for some rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        HELL NO! Are you trying to get GGG Killed? GGG is 37 he is not 29 like Canelo

Maybe Bivol though, who been offering to come down to 168 for a big fight or hell how about BJS who haven't been at 168 long and both working with Hearn so why not

Hopkins made the jump from 160 to 175 at 41 yrs old.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Johnson dropped him early in the fight, then got stomped out and stopped in the 4th round.

GGG isn't competing with Beterbiev, not now, likely not ever. He's not overcoming that size difference. Like GGG is damn near stronger than every opponent, but that certainly won't be the case here and Beterbiev will just eat all his shots.

GGG hasn't even gone up to challenge the top SMWs, let alone the top LHWs...And Beterbiev had a strong amateur career of his own with what, like three wins over Usyk?
          To be fair I have been about as high on GGG as anyone in his career so I may be a bit jaded...I think Usyk and Beterbiev fought a few times but I think Usyk usually got the better of him? Not positive though and I think one or more of those wins for Usyk was controversial.

From watching AB I just think someone with a good strong jab could trouble him...GGG's best trait was always his jab imo, and if he/someone could land a strong jab consistently, it would be interesting to see if it could slow AB down...so far in his career he seems content to eat a few shots to get inside and once he gets in there he is just too much, and I can't imagine GGG doing very well inside either vs him.

Just thinking of what style could really trouble AB...if you don't have enough power to slow him down, he will get inside and take your shots and deliver his...I'm thinking a gameplan like Jacobs/Canelo (1st fight) tried to employ vs GGG would be interesting...box off the back foot, don't really engage, try to pick your spots and go 12 rounds and see where you come out.

Similar to what SRL did (imo to great effect) vs Hagler...box and move and don't stand in front of him...but the I think the best/maybe only way to really nullify AB is to find him with the jab and make him box neutral/on the back foot...if you just try to box and move he will just walk you down if you can't hit him with something solid...if you can't slow him down then his power/pressure is too much for almost anyone around that weight...and he is just great on the inside once he gets there.

From watching some of the fight last night (haven't watched it all) the Nail is obviously bigger than GGG but I don't think he honestly hits as hard as GGG even now..with AB's size and seeming ability to keep pretty good distance I don't think it would be easy for GGG to land the jab consistently...but I would like to see someone with a good jab try and fight him like that.

He and Kovalev apparently had good/disputed fights in the amateurs as well and I can kind of see why...if Kov boxes behind his jab he could control the fight...but once AB gets past that he would be in control...I think at this point with Kov's gas tank issues it would be a longshot for him to beat AB right now though.
          Last edited by Boxing_1013; 10-19-2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

You clearly haven’t been paying attention to BBB side’s career.

Comment

Sheeeeit. Beterbiev would literally beat GGG to death in a ring. And I’m not joking.

Comment

GGG won't do that. He wants Canelo 3 and then will retire win-lose-draw.

Comment

G aint never move up ever and suggesting him get crushed at 175?

Comment

Golovkin wouldn't go up to 168 to fight "pillow-fisted" Ward why would he go up to 175 to fight a KO artist?

Comment

Maybe, but Golovkin should probably start at 168 and one up Canelo by bringing Paul Smith out of retirement and fighting him.

Comment

Working...
                      X