Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia in advanced talks on multi-fight deal with DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

140 is where Mikey should be IMO so it would not be a bad move for him IMO IF Maurice Hooker beats Jose Ramirez and IF the winner of WBSS 140 signs with DAZN after the Tournament

If not then it is a bad move for him. Seem like mostly a Money Move because it is ZERO Mega Fights for him on DAZN and absolutely none as big as a fight with Danny Garcia
    Last edited by sicko; 07-19-2019, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
      by now, yall have to be looking at mikey as a PR instead of la raza?
      if Mikey was PR he would have never dared to be great and would have lost to the first Mexican he faced.

Comment

Money aside because we don't know who is offering the most
        140 is clearly the best weight for Mikey.

He can't make 135 anymore and he isn't the same fighter at 147 he's too small. PBC doesn't have anything at 140. He will be a big underdog and catch a beating if he faces those top dogs at 147. DAZN can put together better fights for him at 140. DAZN basically has all the champs at 140 except Ramires and can get him fights with the winner of WBSS Prograis or Taylor as well as Hooker. He's never fighting Ramirez who is with Top Rank because he's trained by his brother Robert Garcia.

ESPN would be a good move as well if he is truly willing to bury the hatchet with Arum and they can promise him the Lomo fight. But that would require Loma agreeing to move up to 140 I can't see Mikey ever fighingt again at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Money aside because we don't know who is offering the most
          140 is clearly the best weight for Mikey.

He can't make 135 anymore and he isn't the same fighter at 147 he's too small. PBC doesn't have anything at 140. He will be a big underdog and catch a beating if he faces those top dogs at 147. DAZN can put together better fights for him at 140. DAZN basically has all the champs at 140 except Ramires and can get him fights with the winner of WBSS Prograis or Taylor as well as Hooker. He's never fighting Ramirez who is with Top Rank because he's trained by his brother Robert Garcia.

ESPN would be a good move as well if he is truly willing to bury the hatchet with Arum and they can promise him the Lomo fight. But that would require Loma agreeing to move up to 140 I can't see Mikey ever fighingt again at 135.
          The thing is, Prograis nor Taylor have a deal with DAZN. Mikey could get those fights on any network since as far as I can tell, neither fighters have network deals.

Only DAZN 140 pound champ is Hooker. Mikey can fight someone like Cano but I think he may wait until the result of next week's fight to make a decision. Because if Ramirez wins, then there goes the Hooker fight and he may not feel like it is worth signing a multi-fight deal with DAZN.

Unless of course as I stated in my other post, he's getting crazy amount of money. He did say Hearn made an offer for him to fight on DAZN last year that was close to what he got against Spence…And Hearn confirmed that. So we're talking Mikey getting easily over 5M+ to fight decent opposition. May be too good of an offer to turn down.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            I don't know what you're upset at. Mikey is doing what is best for him. As a free agent, he could get the best deal possible for himself and that's what he's doing.

Now this could be a ploy to get more money for the DSG fight, or he doesn't want to fight at WW and has his eyes set on 140 where DAZN has more options for him.
            im not upset... im confused because mofos was running round here talking about how much of a boss mikey was! i've been telling them, it aint eazy running your own show.

Comment

im not upset... im confused because mofos was running round here talking about how much of a boss mikey was! i've been telling them, it aint eazy running your own show.
              I mean he showed exactly that by getting the fights he wanted with the PBC and then moving to DAZN… If that's what he ends up doing. Not sure what you mean here.

Comment

Whats the fight to make on the DAZN side of the street? Seems like Mikey would wanna stay with PBC or eff with TR for a specific fight or two. But off the top of my head idk whats worthwhile on DAZN. But if DAZN is breaking out the checkbook I doubt Mikey cares THAT much about it.

Comment

Mikey did great for himself moneywise. Just like a boss.

And he has put himself in position to get even more money with a DAZN deal.

Financially he has managed himself just fine.

So what are you even talking about?

Comment

Working...
                  X