Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Can't Khan Fight Bums Everytime Like Calzaghe Did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets be honest Haye/Audley hurt the Khan fight..

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      I feel bad for Amir Khan getting kicked off Sky Sports for doing the same thing every British fighter built his career on.... taking on overmatched bums.

Calzaghe and Hatton built their names on the back of defeating the McCloskeys and Salitas of their era.

In fact those guys kept up the bum fighting until well into their 30's without the backlash.

Why do the UK powers turn on a young guy like Amir for doing the same thing every other English fighter has done?
      Hey Daggum!

Comment

What are you talking about? Hatton did not fight bums at home well into his 30s :/ He's only 32 now and hasn't fought for a couple of years... he stepped up, won a few fights in the US then got beaten by two of the greatest fighters in the last couple of decades. He had a solid career, people are too quick to call a fighter a bum on this forum, it's ridiculous.

Khan has been hyped up plenty in the UK since his silver medal, lots of exposure early in his career on ITV and the likes

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHER DUCK View Post
          Fuk him.. i like him but him, haye and Hatton are the golden boys

While Froch is disrespected and hasn't been on sky in years despite facing one of the hardest last 5-6 fights of a fighter in any countries recent history (let alone Brit!!)
          Froch is a ledge it's true

Comment

Calzaghe never had a fight on Sky PPV and Hatton had very few Mcloskey level opponents on Sky PPV.

Sky knew no one wanted to pay for this fight, which I can only assume is why they canceled the PPV.

I think regardless to who the fighter is, if Sky think it's going to flop they will cancel it.

I mean, they have only breifly promoted it really.

Comment

neither of those 2 fought bums you idiot, especially calzaghe.

Comment

3 of the undercard fights got cancelled which involved fighters who have some kinda buzz on the boxing scene, so it kinda blew out the backbone of the whole show.

must suck for any headliner for that to happen, no fault of khans but effects him bigtime.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                  I wish people didn't preface or include in their remarks ".....to be honest....." It smacks of insincerity to be honest.......... but I think that it actually is a purely British habit of speech.

To me, it always seems as if the guy is saying that I'm not normally truthful, but THIS time I'll be different.......
                  Look I'm not going to lie to you, it isn't my favourite saying in the world either. And to be completely honest, I think you're really on to something here. We need to stamp out all these sayings that could be taken literally and cause confusion.

Another one I'm sure you'll agree is a big problems is "The early bird catches the worm". Why would anybody say that? I mean, when I hear this I think to myself, hold on, is this actually a bird writing this? If so, how does it have access to the Internet? And if it's concerned about catching worms, shouldn't it be out in the garden, not typing on a computer?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                    I feel bad for Amir Khan getting kicked off Sky Sports for doing the same thing every British fighter built his career on.... taking on overmatched bums.

Calzaghe and Hatton built their names on the back of defeating the McCloskeys and Salitas of their era.

In fact those guys kept up the bum fighting until well into their 30's without the backlash.

Why do the UK powers turn on a young guy like Amir for doing the same thing every other English fighter has done?

suck Amir's c*ck, you f*ggot.

Comment

To be fair Calzaghe raped and brutalised RJJ and Hopkins.

I heard that as part of the pre fight agreement Hopkins now has to email Joe every Tuesday with the message "soapy loves you".

Comment

Working...
                      X