Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why r people putting teofimo in the same sentence as Loma and Mickey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like this kid. We've all learned the lesson not to hype these guys too much before they step up, but I can at least say I'm really looking forward to him stepping up.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      You're judging the man's talent based on how his nose looks? lol **** off, his defense looks good so far to me. I say he beats Campbell, Pedraza and Commey right now and in a year he'll be ready for Lomachenko.
      Pulling his head back and not moving his waist is good defense to u? U just exposed yourself as a casual that bothers people about politics when they're trying to watch a fight shut up

Comment

It'd be dumb as hell to put him in with those guys this year.

He should be fighting the Pedraza, Beltran, Ricky Burns, Edner Cherry, Linares or Mercito Gesta's of the world right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
          Seriously can we wait to see if he can beat a live body? His defense is questionable look at his nose already been busted up and his pro career barely started. That backflip must of really impressed some people already they're crowning him.

You're right fam, Teofimo can't be mentioned in the same breath as Mickey.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            He's a top prospect but he's still a prospect. I think Top Rank would be (and will be) smart to put him in with some different styles with gradual step-up's. Beltran perhaps is a logical in-house fight, then Pedraza and then see where he's at. The Lomachenko talk is a little premature when you consider Lomachenko gets criticized for beating Pedraza who'd be a huge step-up for him right now. It's hypocritical to say Lomachenko is unproven and/or not good but that Lopez is a beast and is so proven. They are miles apart as they should be at this stage.

I think Lopez vs. Ramirez is probably the more likely fight perhaps in 18 or so months given that Lopez will be at 140 this time next year.
            Definitely still a prospect at this stage what's he had like 10 fights?
            He's meant to look good against this quality of opposition cause if he doesn't he's not that good.
            Once he steps up is when we can see how good he really is but I like him the best out of Daney and Garcia.

Comment

Lol yea the Teofimo hype still seems overdone thus far.

Sure we all see talent in him & I'll be surprised if he's not a title holder one day, but he's fought 2 live opponents & the first one was in December iirc. Lets see him vs some better guys before we casually say he's beating not just a top 3 guy in a division but arguably the #1 guy P4P who rules his current division.

This sh^t is a lil premature & the reality of this business likely is gonna require him moving up slower then his team wishes or tightwad Bob paying a top ten guy more than usual to take what will be a no win situation for them.

But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't wanna see Teofimo fight Pedraza next cuz I do think it'll be a interesting fight, but it makes no sense for Pedraza or any other top ten guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
                Seriously can we wait to see if he can beat a live body? His defense is questionable look at his nose already been busted up and his pro career barely started. That backflip must of really impressed some people already they're crowning him.
                I agree. Loma and Mikey are proven great champions. Lopez has been fighting such lousy boxers that only boxrec ranks them because they every pro lightweight in the world. The guy he just beat was by far his best opponent and boxrec ranked him 61st in the world. His next best opponent was ranked 240th in the world. Boxrec now ranks Lopez as the 36th best lightweight in the world which is about right for what he has done in the ring. He looks great beating these softies. Let him beat a boxer ranked in Ring Magazine's top 10 lightweights if he can. Then talk about him fighting the best lightweights in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                  It'd be dumb as hell to put him in with those guys this year.

He should be fighting the Pedraza, Beltran, Ricky Burns, Edner Cherry, Linares or Mercito Gesta's of the world right now.
                  I don't even think he's ready for those guys yet. Well, maybe Cherry and Gesta but that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    Great post

He's got exceptionally fast and accurate hands and has good power but sometimes struggles to land Vs movers. He hasnt faced someone who had the handspeed or power to exchange with him so we don't know how good his eye is . Defense does seem solid though but I don't see any layered offense and it's probably why he sometimes struggles to land clean Vs guys who move a lot. He was actually struggling to land Vs magdeleno and was getting countered. He started looking reckless. It's why his corner told him to take his time and pick his shots

You're right. A lot of hype around him. People defending him celebrating like he just beat king Kong but against a 20/1 underdog is an indicator of the hype.
                    yeah a move like LOMA

Comment

Working...
                    X