No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: HBO Rejected Hopkins-Stevenson Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer: HBO Rejected Hopkins-Stevenson Clash

NEW YORK — Golden Boy Promotions chief executive officer Richard Schaefer told BoxingScene.com that HBO rebuffed his inquiry about making a Bernard Hopkins-Adonis Stevenson fight.

Schaefer sent an email to an unidentified HBO Sports executive recently, but was informed in an email he said was returned a week later that the network wouldn’t televise a Hopkins-Stevenson fight. Hopkins’ last fight, in which the 48-year-old Philadelphia native won the IBF light heavyweight title from Tavoris Cloud, was broadcast by HBO. [Click Here To Read More]

Man do they really wanna try to stop the most interesting fight in LHW?
    Golden boy is winning...

Comment

Hbo just acting bitter now. How can they reject this fight, think they just want to prove a point to Gbp and I gope it backfires on them in the long run. This thing is getting outta hand.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        NEW YORK — Golden Boy Promotions chief executive officer Richard Schaefer told BoxingScene.com that HBO rebuffed his inquiry about making a Bernard Hopkins-Adonis Stevenson fight.

Schaefer sent an email to an unidentified HBO Sports executive recently, but was informed in an email he said was returned a week later that the network wouldn’t televise a Hopkins-Stevenson fight. Hopkins’ last fight, in which the 48-year-old Philadelphia native won the IBF light heavyweight title from Tavoris Cloud, was broadcast by HBO. [Click Here To Read More]
        I'm not suprised.....HBO stll got some good fights they can put on at LHW.....Clev-Frankenstein winner can fight the Bute-Pascal winner and then the winner from those fights can fight Adonis and the losers can fight each other as well...too bad they won't let the DEAN of the DIVISION in the party....**** HBO!!!

Comment

What's left for B-Hop now?

Comment

GBP should just ask their partner showtime to come up with the funds needed instead of coming back begging HBO for dough. They reap what they saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Boskop View Post
              Man do they really wanna try to stop the most interesting fight in LHW?
              Golden boy is winning...

Originally posted by maenyfresh View Post
              Hbo just acting bitter now. How can they reject this fight, think they just want to prove a point to Gbp and I gope it backfires on them in the long run. This thing is getting outta hand.

Showtime rejected Kovalev-Hopkins last week............

After approving Murat-Hopkins, why no outrage there?

I don't understand "promotional company" fanboys

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                GBP should just ask their partner showtime to come up with the funds needed instead of coming back begging HBO for dough. They reap what they saw.
                If they want to fight Stevenson it has to be on HBO; they are not begging HBO, Stevenson is under contract with HBO for his next fight. HBO are dead wrong and this will end up back firing on them if they are not careful.

Although im sure they are not mad for letting Broner go...

Comment

I am disappoint.

Comment

HBO is saving Stevenson for Ward probably.

Comment

Working...
                    X