Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get over the Nervousness of starting boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get over the Nervousness of starting boxing?

Ive been wanting to do it for a while, i am 16, 17 in about 6 weeks, and i am nervous and embarrassed to start reason is, the gym i'd go to has world champion boxers and some of the best amateurs in the nation. So basically i'd feel very embarrassed starting out and looking like a fool in front of all these guys. I know we all start off somewhere but i dont think these guys had to go through it since they started out small

/

lisen i know this is probably what you would expect to hear but,

just dont worry seriously,

i started boxing when i was 15 im 16 now and before i was suposed to go i was r****tin my self, my club is a really rough an nasty place or so i thought , with really good amature fighters i was really scared but i really wanted to box.

i thoguht that i would walk in and they wud be a string at me and stuff and laughing when i learn, but i was totally wrong, i went and spoke to the trainer and he let me in and to be honest no one really gives a **** how bad you are, they just fucos on their own stuff,. You will be taught so you wont look stupid, you may feel stupid at first but you will learn and become better.

i used to be scared and i wud turn up early but never dare go in and wait a while until more peole are in there so i wudnt be noticed as much and i though people wud be looking at me and stuff and ive realised how stupid i was, its just a place with other people wantin to learn to box just like you, its the same as a golf club, or basketball club, or football club, its a sport and people just learn.

btw you probably wont be alnoone they will be other new kids aswell probably who you might over take in a while.

when new people come to my gym i dont mind as long as they just do their own thing and want to learn, i hate the type that come in thinkg they are some hard champion and they are the best and everyting and they try to shadow box like mike tyson but look more like a disabled guy trying to eat his own ear.

so some advice i wud give is to just act normal not hard and tuff, ask others for help , people like that, when your starting dont try to impress, if your told to shdow box or to throw punches dotn throw 100 hooks and upercuts at 100 miles an hour just throw neet straight shots with cleched fists and keep your hands up high around chin area, go slow and learn.

satnd with one foot behind the other but not inline with it keep them slightly apart so a toy car cud go right in between your legs, keeps your back heel off the floor, and tilt your body so not much stomach and chest is showing, shoulders up, you will learn all of this in more detail by the way im just trying to help incase your dont know anyting.

all in all , do not wory seriously, as long as you dont think your the mighty 1, and you just want to learn then noone will think anything bad of you.

alot of people on here will agree that the ones people dont like are the ones that think they are some god when they are not, other than that no one mids you joining their gym.

dont worry

Comment

Everyone has to start somewhere mate, some people pick it up quicker than others but as a general rule boxing takes a long time to learn, its a long process and you never stop learning really. Just go at your own pace, no one will be looking at you or judging you, they where there once

Comment

i'll tell you this much- boxing isn't that popular anymore. it's a pretty small scene at this point. 99% of the people at your gym will just be stoked to see a new kid getting into it. and if you work hard, don't complain, and prove that you can take your beatings, most guys will be more than willing to help you along.

Comment

that chick on your avatar is a man texanballer. she is a baller as well as you!

LOL

Comment

you dont really have to worry. its not like other sports. i played basketball competitively and started boxing when i quit basketball. that is a sport where people will laugh and make fun of you if you suck. boxing is completely different. it isnt mainstream so people dont really expect anything of you. just learn and when someone gives you a tip take it in and just nod. let them know you care and are listening to what theyre telling you.

Comment

Don't worry mate.
              I started when I was 30 and I was scared to go into the gym, and all I wanted to do originally was to get fit. I found the people at my gym very helpful all the guy's at the gym helped and encouraged me. Now I get in the ring with them and do ok for a guy who has never done anything like it before.

The hardest step to any great journey is the first one.

DMC

Comment

how to get over the nervousness

get ur ass beat in front of alot of people until ur use to it. or gain some confidence.

Comment

quit sweetin

look around the gyn everyone is there for the same reason you are. if they can do it u can.

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
                    that chick on your avatar is a man texanballer. she is a baller as well as you!

LOL

lol i'd freak out if that was a woman

Comment

Working...
                    X