Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: K9 Bundrage-Ishe Smith Clash in Play For February

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wonder why k9 is taking such a high risk losable fight. whats the upside for him? kind of surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
      wonder why k9 is taking such a high risk losable fight. whats the upside for him? kind of surprising.
      High risk, losable, and probably not too big of a payday either. It's puzzling.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        High risk, losable, and probably not too big of a payday either. It's puzzling.
        He was in line for a few big pay days, lost out on them through sheer stupidity or simply bad advice and has no one else.

Comment

How? How does K9 repeatedly get passes on fighting top level opposition in a premier weight class?

No disrespect to Ishe, who is gatekeeper level at best, but this is simply pathetic to see Ishe in the ring with K9 as opposed to Andrade, Kirkland, Molina, Lara, Martirosyan, or any other champ at 154.

Hell, Ishe isn't even ranked by the IBF and the aforementioned are all at least in the top 10, according to the IBF.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Didn't Bundrage turn down some good fights recently? And for what, to just end up facing Ishe Smith?
            Yup, turned down trout and now he's gonna lose his title to Smith while Trout's stock is rising after his win over Cotto.

Comment

K9 is either really dumb or really confident that he can beat this guy

Comment

Originally posted by JKidd2624 View Post
                How? How does K9 repeatedly get passes on fighting top level opposition in a premier weight class?

No disrespect to Ishe, who is gatekeeper level at best, but this is simply pathetic to see Ishe in the ring with K9 as opposed to Andrade, Kirkland, Molina, Lara, Martirosyan, or any other champ at 154.

Hell, Ishe isn't even ranked by the IBF and the aforementioned are all at least in the top 10, according to the IBF.
                Bundrage just fought his mandatory in Spinks, so now he gets a voluntary defense. The new #1 contender passed on the fight to go up and fight GGG.

As for the fighters you mentioned, Andrade has made no attempts to fight anyone with a pulse, Kirkland isnt fighting anyone, although if he made a push for K9 that would be a smart move, and Lara and Martarosyan both seem to be saving their virginity for Canelo. Molina is probably deserving of the fight, but Jesus i hate seeing him box. Just so boring and ugly.

I dont know why with so many belts available in a given weight class, fighters seem to focus on just one. Good for Ishe Smith that instead of focusing on the "money" fight at 154, he decided to get off his ass and try to realistically win a title.

Who the f*** has the WBO belt? youd think one of these promoters would get a purse bid and bring the guy over here to the US to lose it.

Comment

Contender vs. Contender. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    And new.......
                    Damn right. Can't wait for the odds on this one. Ishe is awkward, and he'll box the shit out of K9.

Comment

this is great!

if ishe wins a championship i'll be so happy for him. i usually don't care for the paper titles. this is a case where i'm very happy to see a man fighting for one. the poor guy has had serious trouble getting fights for a long time, and it's not because he's not a good fighter.

he loves the game. he does everything right, even with his limited talent. if this fight comes off i'll be very happy for him.

should be a nice fight, too.

ishe is more consistent over the course of a fight. very professional style. good chin, too. i think he can take it, but i am biased. bundrage has been among a higher class of fighters for a while now.

Comment

Working...
                      X