Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How dare people say Joe Louis would have been knocked out by Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO........(and I'm right about this one) Louis wins the match. Lets go into the details.

Louis had better chin than Patterson but weaker than Tyson. The only reason he didnt get KO'd every fight was because of his inhuman technique. He was the best technician ever and he could bang real hard too. Now Tyson on the other hand was no less of a banger than Louis, he was real quick with his head as well as hands. He was also tough to KO. but its plain that Tyson has no stamina. Tyson at his prime never finished average matches within five rounds. It became so easy for him., but Louis could not be put down within five. He will frustrate Tyson and clinch him, dodge him, parry him and get those countershots in. Now even someone as tough as Tyson could not resist Knockdown if we take the Schmeling 2 version of Louis. And since Tyson has NO heart(figuratively, I mean) he is more likely to be counted out.

Now what I also predict is one of those uppercuts of Tyson would find its way to Louis' chin and he will be KD'd. But Joe Louis had tremendous heart, so he will get up and finish the job.
    Hereby, I stand by my decision : Joe Louis by way of KO Rd.8

P.S. who the **** said Louis would get KO'd in Rd.1? LOL! thats plain ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
      Louis's style was similar to Holyfields, his counter punching ability is greater and his style wasnt stiff or robotic, he was a master of parrying jabs, had good head movement and defense, why would he need to take Tysons punches when he could could tie Tyson up and could keep him away with jabs and using angles?. By the way Louis was a master of catching an opponent coming in and knocking them out. Tyson cant knock out Louis if his attack is getting neutralised by superior boxing skill and infighting ability again you havent shown me how Tyson would knock Louis out, your're just basically repeating the same old rhetoric "Joe Louis is too robotic etc" but im explaining why hes not. Again im referencing to the second fight with Arturo Godoy, where Louis showed how to dsimantle a crouching fighter, sure Godoy didnt have the speed and power of Tyson, but he was a superior infighter like i said before Tyson was a mid range fighter.
      Well I think you underestimate Tyson's unique ability to close distance so quickly and hardly getting hit in the process. Which he always follows up with a huge hook to either the chin or the body.

So, yes, we can say Tyson is susceptible to the jab but can Joe deal with that superior head movement and distance closing speed? I doubt it because heavyweights back then didn't have nearly the speed as they do after his time. Which is why heavyweights were so dumbfounded by Ali's style, speed wasn't the norm to the heavyweight game but that's another discussion.

So let's see. Your argument is that Joe will catch him comming in like godoy. Well, lets see does Godoy come in weaving? Nope. He comes in with no head movement. "oh he was crouching" so? he came in with his head lowered but no movement of the dome. Now let's see the power. That is clear. There isn't many you can even compare to Tyson's explosive power. And Joe may be textbook and Tyson's style may not be complex but the simple stuff can be dangerous with the right person

speed, movement, power- tyson
      jab, mental game- Joe

So, like i stated. If Joe can't withstand Tyson's power(which I don't think he could), he will get kayo'd. If he can, Tyson will lose confidence, quit and lose. Which could even be a kayo, that is how poor Tyson's mental game was.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Well I think you underestimate Tyson's unique ability to close distance so quickly and hardly getting hit in the process. Which he always follows up with a huge hook to either the chin or the body.

So, yes, we can say Tyson is susceptible to the jab but can Joe deal with that superior head movement and distance closing speed? I doubt it because heavyweights back then didn't have nearly the speed as they do after his time. Which is why heavyweights were so dumbfounded by Ali's style, speed wasn't the norm to the heavyweight game but that's another discussion.

So let's see. Your argument is that Joe will catch him comming in like godoy. Well, lets see does Godoy come in weaving? Nope. He comes in with no head movement. "oh he was crouching" so? he came in with his head lowered but no movement of the dome. Now let's see the power. That is clear. There isn't many you can even compare to Tyson's explosive power. And Joe may be textbook and Tyson's style may not be complex but the simple stuff can be dangerous with the right person

jab, mental game- Joe

So, like i stated. If Joe can't withstand Tyson's power(which I don't think he could), he will get kayo'd. If he can, Tyson will lose confidence, quit and lose. Which could even be a kayo, that is how poor Tyson's mental game was.
        Well we never saw Louis get ko'd in his prime, but we did see it happen to a Tyson who's confidence HAD been shattered. Im just sayin'.....

Comment

jab, mental game- Joe

Joe Louis has more power than Tyson.

Comment

Tyson would KO him in the mid rounds

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              Tyson would KO him in the mid rounds
              Seriously?

I can see a KO but, Mid-Rounds? Assuming Joe makes it to the mid rounds which is extremely probably, Tyson will be spent and Joe will have figured him out so it will be plain sailing.

Comment

If Tyson immediately blitzed Louis, it's conceivable he could get him outta there inside of 3 rounds, but what's more likely is Louis surviving the early onslaught and then coming on strong in middle rounds when Tyson is really sucking wind and starting to sponge up punches.

Louis KO9 Tyson

Comment

Unless Tyson knocks out Louis in the first half of the fight Louis does some real damage and takes him out.

Tyson has a a good chin and will take alot of punishment before it's stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Devroy Jones View Post
                    IMO........(and I'm right about this one) Louis wins the match. Lets go into the details.

Louis had better chin than Patterson but weaker than Tyson. The only reason he didnt get KO'd every fight was because of his inhuman technique. He was the best technician ever and he could bang real hard too. Now Tyson on the other hand was no less of a banger than Louis, he was real quick with his head as well as hands. He was also tough to KO. but its plain that Tyson has no stamina. Tyson at his prime never finished average matches within five rounds. It became so easy for him., but Louis could not be put down within five. He will frustrate Tyson and clinch him, dodge him, parry him and get those countershots in. Now even someone as tough as Tyson could not resist Knockdown if we take the Schmeling 2 version of Louis. And since Tyson has NO heart(figuratively, I mean) he is more likely to be counted out.

Now what I also predict is one of those uppercuts of Tyson would find its way to Louis' chin and he will be KD'd. But Joe Louis had tremendous heart, so he will get up and finish the job.
                    Hereby, I stand by my decision : Joe Louis by way of KO Rd.8

P.S. who the **** said Louis would get KO'd in Rd.1? LOL! thats plain ridiculous.
                    Whoo Thank You took the words right out of my mouth some karma is in store

Comment

jab, mental game- Joe

Er Yes Godoy did have head movement and he did come in weaving,and you underestimate Louis ability to tie Tyson up as he is coming in, it doesnt matter how fast Tysons coming in if his speed is getting neutralised, by the way Louis fought fast fighters who were incredibly elusive like Bob Pastor and Billy Connn, difference is they were moving away from him and thats what caused the problem, however Tyson moving to him is a prime target for delicous punches, by the way Louis's handspeed surpasses Tysons, they can be argued equal but in terms of handspeed Tyson does not have the advantage. Ther only way Tyson can win this fight is if he kos Louis early, but hows he going to do that? like i said before Louis wud probably be knocked down, being knocked out is another factor, especially since Louis would not be susceptible to Mikes punches as he was to Schmeling and would be in shape. Coupled with the fact that he would be able to neutralise Tysons speed, use his jab and superior boxing skills to evade Mike on the outside, and break his ribs with short, compact body punches and uppercuts on the inside, tying him up, using the angles on him like he did against Godoy, sorry i cant envision Tyson winning, so its back to the original prediction. Louis by eight round KO

Comment

Working...
                      X