No announcement yet.

Hooks and upper cuts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooks and upper cuts

I was in the gym yesterday morning and this guy who has been training for a few months wants to spar for his first time but the trainer said yeah you can but you can't throw hooks or upper cuts because I haven't showed you. Just stick with jabs and cross's can some one please tell me why is it. Is it because you could hurt your wrists or because you could leave your self open. There only reasons I could think off.
    Last edited by Jbrooks96; 06-23-2014, 05:18 PM.

Don't be so eager to get in there straight out bangin', your coach is trying to bring you up properly. Educate that left hand/jab and it will pay dividends for you in the end.....

Comment

unless you know how 100%, avoid doing it to prevent building bad habbits !
      happy boxing

Comment

The trainer probably doesn't want you getting used to bad habits when throwing hooks which can make you more susceptible to injury but also get you knocked out easy against a more experience boxer who'll take immediate advantage of a sloppy hook or uppercut. It is good to spar with somebody throwing hooks and uppercuts at you nonetheless because it'l teach you the importance of maintaining a quick and tight guard. You'll get a little hurt , but , it's a contact sport , you're supposed to.

Practicing working the jab is probably the 1st most important part of your offensive

Comment

Working...
        X