Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lucas Matthysse an unbeaten fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my eyes yes. I scored both fights for Matthysse.

The Judah fight I felt was a closer fight that could have gone either way.

The Alexander fight however was a definite win for Matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
      ok let me get this straight ....before Cotto fought Floyd, dudes LOL @ Floyd saying he saw Cotto as a UNDEFEATED fighter....some of the SAME dudes are in here saying Lucas SHOULD be UNDEFEATED....smh...not saying he shouldn't or should because I don't really care too much about the dude...but its just funny to see how dudes be moving the furniture on here ...carry on!!!
      I'd say it's perhaps because you can actually argue that Matthysse should be undefeated.

Cotto on the other hand was stopped twice therefore you cannot argue in any way that he is undefeated.

Comment

I'm a mathysse fan but I love when ppl exaggerate score cards for fights. The Judah fight could have easily gone both ways. There's was nothing robbery about that fight. Smh. I guess when ppl start hearing stuff they just repeat it like 3 year olds. Close fight I think mathysse won it on the last round. With that said mathysse fights much better than he used to. He's amped up his intensity a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Bro let's be clear I am Judah fan, the commentators were pulling for Judah, in truth I wanted to give Judah the rounds, but I couldn't because he didn't win them.

He hardly landed anything and his biggest achievement in most of those early rounds was making Matthysse miss a number of times - but he still wasn't landing anything himself. Matthysse was constantly landing to the body.
          Judah landed more and better than Matthysse early in that fight.

Like I said it is easy to have Matthysse winning because some of those rounds were close but Lucas in no way won more than 3 of the first 6 and that is being very favorable to him. Judges tend to score clear head punches as opposed to muddled body work, which is why Judah won the fight.

Matthysse was playing for the stoppage and gave away the early rounds as such to slow Judah down, and he didn't get the job done. His plan failed and he lost~ I have no issue with that.

If you think he won good for you~ but you have proven to be a poor judge so I see no reason to take you that seriously.
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 09-17-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

No man.

I think Matthyse is an excellent fighter and one of elites at 140 but the Judah fight in particular was a close fight and nowhere near a robbery. Could of gone either way.

I don't look at Matthysse as undefeated but he's an elite fighter who's worked his way back up to the top of the division.

How about we stop putting so much emphasis on losses and just let things play out? If anything, he's learned from his losses and has developed more of a killer instinct.

Comment

In the minds of the hard core fans, He's.

Comment

Officially no, technically yes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Judah landed more and better than Matthysse early in that fight.

Like I said it is easy to have Matthysse winning because some of those rounds were close but Lucas in no way won more than 3 of the first 6 and that is being very favorable to him. Judges tend to score clear head punches as opposed to muddled body work, which is why Judah won the fight.

Matthysse was playing for the stoppage and gave away the early rounds as such to slow Judah down, and he didn't get the job done. His plan failed and he lost~ I have no issue with that.
                  I was backing Judah, as a fan of his. I actually think Judah would have a better chance of winning a rematch as he fought very defensively, almost to the point of inactivity. He did the same against Khan.

The only other round I felt was close that could maybe be given to Judah was round 2.

Judah won the fight as the home fighter because he is worth more money to them, he did not win it in the ring.

If you think he won good for you~ but you have proven to be a poor judge so I see no reason to take you that seriously.
                  You realise many more people in this thread had Matthysse winning? to add to that, the pro-Judah HBO team had Matthysse winning with Lederman having the unfancied foreigner up?

But I guess if The Gambler said Judah won he must have won, right? Well I guess you have the judges on your side (all three from NY/NJ).

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  In my eyes yes. I scored both fights for Matthysse.
                  I think most people feel the same way.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 09-18-2012, 02:40 AM.

Comment

This guy should be undefeated. I would to see him get his get backs from both Zab and Alexander.

Comment

Working...
                    X