No announcement yet.

Humn beings aren't the most evil, destructive or ****cidal organisms on earth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
    I've now seen every single episode of Planet earth(which pretty much makes me an environmental expert) and I've noticed that every single environment, no matter where it is(the desert, the rainforest, the ocean, the stock market, politics) on earth is essentially the same.

There's a resource in demand, there's not enough for everybody, and every animal on the food chain will fight, kill, cheat, sabotage to get that resource.

We're no better or worse than any other animal, we just know how to make bombs.
    the difference being, Animals hunt to survive... Humans hunt for fun. In reality, humans don't have to kill animals to survive especially ones living in urban areas... But we still go out hunting just for game.

That is the big difference.

we don't need to eat meat as much as we do. not that I myself am a vegetarian or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
      the difference being, Animals hunt to survive... Humans hunt for fun. In reality, humans don't have to kill animals to survive especially ones living in urban areas... But we still go out hunting just for game.

That is the big difference.

we don't need to eat meat as much as we do. not that I myself am a vegetarian or anything.
      You haven't been paying attention. Numerous animals hunt for fun, especially primates but all manner of mammals do it.

Comment

Stupid ramble of a post

But fugg it. It won't be the first.

I think sometimes we have a god complex. Take my dog's. Now, if I was a complete dickhole, they would be absolute monsters. Tremendously powerful, ******ed pain threshold, blah, blah. But they aren't. While protective, if they know you, you are more liable to get licked to death.

Now, my Grandma's next door neighbor's chihuahua's when I was growing up, were the meanest fuggin pieces of rat shit I have ever encountered.

Sometime's I wish I could open a wormhole, go back in time, and throw Blue in my grandma's back yard. "Oh. You wanna play?"

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
          You are 100% correct. We're more efficient at killing, but the fact that we can even have moral discussion on the matter show that we're not the most evil creatures. You think an army ant has nightmares about eating **** alive? Fuck no, it just does it until it dies. There are some pretty bad human eggs, but there are a lot more good ones.
          Did you just compare the mental capacities of an ant, to that of a human?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            Stupid ramble of a post

But fugg it. It won't be the first.

I think sometimes we have a god complex. Take my dog's. Now, if I was a complete dickhole, they would be absolute monsters. Tremendously powerful, ******ed pain threshold, blah, blah. But they aren't. While protective, if they know you, you are more liable to get licked to death.

Now, my Grandma's next door neighbor's chihuahua's when I was growing up, were the meanest fuggin pieces of rat shit I have ever encountered.

Sometime's I wish I could open a wormhole, go back in time, and throw Blue in my grandma's back yard. "Oh. You wanna play?"
            Your dog has a god complex?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Flabbers View Post
              Your dog has a god complex?
              My dogs ARE Gods, son.

Comment

Elephants watching out for other herbivores is now equivalent to stockpiling food and trading it all over the world to ensure the domination of our species. Good work.

Humans refuse to let mother nature take its course, there is no other species that alters their entire eco-system for its own henefit as a species.

I also dont see elephants destroying the habitat and existence of competitors. I didn't miss that you've decided to ignore the abject slaughter of our competitors.

This is all interrelated.

Any animal that exists in familial units is obviously going to exhibit similar traits to other animals that live that sort of lifestyle. Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  Elephants watching out for other herbivores is now equivalent to stockpiling food and trading it all over the world to ensure the domination of our species. Good work.

Humans refuse to let mother nature take its course, there is no other species that alters their entire eco-system for its own henefit as a species.

I also dont see elephants destroying the habitat and existence of competitors. I didn't miss that you've decided to ignore the abject slaughter of our competitors.

Any animal that exists in familial units is obviously going to exhibit similar traits to other animals that live that sort of lifestyle. Good job!
                  Do you know what the first thing a cougar (aka mountain lion) does when it establishes a new territory? I kills off every smaller predator in that territory. Why? To get rid of competition for scarce resources. It doesn't eat those smaller predators, it ambush kills them and leaves them to rot. That's how people in rural areas out west know a new cougar is around: Peoples' dogs start turning up dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Flabbers View Post
                    Did you just compare the mental capacities of an ant, to that of a human?
                    No, I compared the morality of an ant to that of a human. Because that's what this whole thread is about. And if you look at the collective intelligence of an ant colony (you're better off looking at them as one organism with a lot of facets than billions of individuals), they're actually incredibly smart. Look at how complex and well-designed a large enough ant colony is and then come back and scoff.

Also, that reminds me. For you people saying that non-humans don't drive other animals out of their territory, you're just wrong. Perfect example: termites. When they infest your home (and what's more your territory than that?), they can potentially kill you and drive you out by weakening it. If they had the capability, they would do it to every home on earth. Not out of malice, but a will to survive. They don't give a damn about us.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post

Did you miss the post about beavers and locusts? I thought you actually quoted that one...

Comment

Working...
                      X