Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Tua Fought Marciano With Those Mittens!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Tua Fought Marciano With Those Mittens!!

during marciano era...those boxings gloves werent really that paded...so if david tua fought marciano with those mittens..would he give marciano a cuncussion or take him out on a strecher

I believe the difference was 8 ounces compared to 10 ounces today . . .not that much

Comment

"would he give marciano a cuncussion or take him out on a strecher?" Hell no!

Comment

If Tua could hit Marciano right smack to the jaw, then maybe....just maybe.

Comment

Tua would absolutly destroy Marciano with the first punch he landed flush. Just too much power for even Rocky Marciano, don't get me wrong Marciano was tough - but not THAT tough. Not to mention Tua at prime out weighed Rocky by about 30 or 40lbs!!

Comment

Originally posted by Soundtraveler
            Tua would absolutly destroy Marciano with the first punch he landed flush. Just too much power for even Rocky Marciano, don't get me wrong Marciano was tough - but not THAT tough. Not to mention Tua at prime out weighed Rocky by about 30 or 40lbs!!
            thank 1...at least 1 person would common sense on my topics

Comment

Tua in true shape would weigh 210-15, not much bigger then Marciano (same height, around the same reach) The heavier Tua is, Marciano's beating of him would get more severe . . . .

Comment

Interesing thought, there both about 5.10
                both got hard chins, both got power and both got googd stamina.
                Allthough i would give power too Tua and Chin and stamina too the rock. Would this match be 12 or 15 rounds.
                Id say Marciano wins if goes more than 10.

Comment

I'm a huge Marciano fan, but even I have too admit he's lucky that he never faced a mega-puncher, like Foreman or Tyson, it's just a very bad styles matchup. The problem is you can never automatically say Marciano would lose, because even with all his physical disadvantages, lack of skill, and being fed to the lions early in his career, he always came out on top. That's why he's the most inspiring fighter of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonForeman
                    I'm a huge Marciano fan, but even I have too admit he's lucky that he never faced a mega-puncher, like Foreman or Tyson, it's just a very bad styles matchup. The problem is you can never automatically say Marciano would lose, because even with all his physical disadvantages, lack of skill, and being fed to the lions early in his career, he always came out on top. That's why he's the most inspiring fighter of all time.
                    Now that is a nice post - good job! I do think that Marciano was a bit slow for todays' big boys, even Tua has a pretty fast punch that really generates some power. The Rock was tough no doubt about it, I just think Tua would be too strong for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X