No announcement yet.

What do you think of Deontay Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of Deontay Wilder?

Deontay Wilder was the US national Gold Gloves champion in 2007. He won Olympic bronze in 2008.

He has now had 20 pro fights, and won all of them by KO. However he has yet to face a decent journeyman, except perhaps for Harold Sconiers.

Deontay is now age 26 and his manager says in 2012, he will be in with a better quality of opponent.

How good is Deontay? Is he a potential HW champion?

He's the next great heavyweight
    4.17%
    He's very talented & probably will win a belt or two
    37.50%
    He'll be a top 10 contender but likely won't win a title
    27.08%
    He'll be a fringe contender but not a top contender
    14.58%
    He won't go far, he'll lose against the top 25 HWs
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by The Hammer; 01-09-2013, 11:03 PM.

I think he has better skill than Mitchell his American HW counterpart. But, Mitchell will probably fight a more legit opponent first.

Wilder needs to step up this year, as I think he's the best bet out of Mitchell, Perez, and himself, to actually become a really good HW. He just needs to step up.

He wouldn't be that great in other HW era's, simply because the 00's has probably been the weakest era of HW ever.

No one can tell me that Chris Byrd, John Ruiz, Corrie Sanders, Lamon Brewster, Hasim Rahman, Sahnnon Briggs, Samuel Peter, Eddie Chambers, Nikolay Valuev would be really great HW's against Ali, Holmes, Foreman, Frazier, Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Lewis (prime).

Earnie Shavers, Ken Norton, and Ron Lyle, along with the Klitschko's, would hands down and by far be the Top HW's in the 00's and present day.
    Last edited by 4Corners; 02-13-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I don't see much talent or skill when I watch him fight the cherrypicked opposition he has faced, he is too small for HW and should go down to 200 if anything.

Comment

He is not going far. Why? Because the supposedly weak heavyweight division is not weak, and fellas like this one will get picked apart.

He's long, he fights but I'm sorry that's not enough.

I bet Dimitrenko would give him a good fight, which is not saying much.

Nothing special about him...I see nothing that stands out....He's co-ordinated for a 6.7' athletic for his size, but you need more.
        Last edited by Banderivets; 02-13-2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

too early to tell, needs to step up in competition. This year I'd like to see him face someone like Michael Grant, Tony Thompson or Kevin Johnson

Comment

he's talented but he needs to work on his boxing skills

Comment

he's boring but pretty good

Comment

He is better than Vitali... look

vitali KO%: 88,89

wilder KO%: 100%

100%

Comment

This is going to be another Samuel Peter case...

He is going to come up through the ranks, knock guys out, look good doing it and people will hype him up to be the Klitschko eliminator.

Once he fight's Klitschko (which I highly doubt will happen as I see him other top 15 guys taking him down) Wlad or Viltaliy will lay him out and everyone will start talking about how he wasnt that good in the first place and how the division is terrible...

Comment

The division is terrible. I don't care that some people were saying Samuel Peter was really good, he was never that good. He was good in this era, that's not saying much. Aside from the Klitschko's, the 00's hasn't really had anybody that good, at all.

Shavers, Lyle, Norton, as well the Klitschko's, would be far and away the best HW in the 00's.

Comment

Working...
                    X