No announcement yet.

I think you guys need to realize something about trainers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    i agree. with that said, i never thought roach was a good trainer for a guy like khan. hes wasting a good portion of his talent and hes pretty one dimensional. u figure out how to get past his speed and make him backpedal, and hes in the deep end.
    I think Roach is, or at least was, a good fit for Khan. Khan had bad defensive liabilities, and Roach gave him a generic guard and Khan's durability increased a lot(Ariza also might have helped a lot here, and heres part of Roach's camp). Khan is naturally very fast, and having an offensive based trainer like Roach fit well with him.

I dont necessarily think that Khan should stay with him at this point, but Khan became much better after joining Roach's camp. People forget that it was jsut Prescott that KTFO of him, he struggled against Oisin ***an too right before.

who else would be a better fit for Khan?

Comment

so a trainer isnt there to give advice??

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
        so a trainer isnt there to give advice??
        its only one job out of many.

Angelo Dundee wasnt that great a trainer, in fact for George Foreman he only gave him a general outline of what he should do and let assistant trainers and Foreman himself do most the job. Basically all he actively did for Foreman was talk to him in the corner, George said that himself.

Comment

Khan fought ***an after he fought Prescott. ***an was his first fight after teaming with Roach, IIRC (although Roach was too busy with Pac to be in the corner that night). Or am I misapprehending you?

Fighters Khan was considered to have struggled with pre-Roach = Willie Limond and Michael Gomez.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones!
            Khan fought ***an after he fought Prescott. ***an was his first fight under Roach, IIRC. Or am I misapprehending you?

Fighters Khan was considered to have struggled with pre-Roach = Willie Limond and Michael Gomez.
            yup, sorry, I was talking about Michael Gomez. thats what happens when you go by memory.

Comment

I doubt there is anyone more prepared all around in terms of conditioning and boxing knowledge than "The Doc", "Mr. Sports Science"....Pedro Diaz.

If I were a boxer and he'd be willing to relocate out of Canada I'd give him a call.

Comment

people hate on Roach because he is associated with Manny.. I'd like someone to name me a better trainer out there right now. the only one I would say comes close in Nacho Bernstein.

Comment

Working...
                X