No announcement yet.

Adam Booth continues to impress

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Booth continues to impress

Now for all those that jump on me for praising Adam, before i start i am not comparing him to any of the long and distinguished trainers we have in the sport, or indeed have lost. I am praising him for the way he brings a fresh approach to training and a 21st Century scientific edge.

We saw on Saturday night how a game plan, every bit as much as the boxer himself, is responsible for winning a fight. This game plan concocted solely by Booth, and delivered to the letter from George. That’s team work, because believe me, without such a plan that fight was always DeGales. Adam knew what was needed to come out with a win, and that’s precisely what happened.

I also like how he wishes to test his fighters with each fight (ok, I’ll happily accept that Audley wasn’t a test for Haye!) He’s not a believer in fighting journeymen, bums etc. Grove’s career thus far is an impeccable example of that.

He has a very strong will and calming presence in the corner, and has apparent complete respect from his fighters - essential.

I hope to see his career progress as well as it has been doing so far, i think he’s a good thing for boxing

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
    Now for all those that jump on me for praising Adam, before i start i am not comparing him to any of the long and distinguished trainers we have in the sport, or indeed have lost. I am praising him for the way he brings a fresh approach to training and a 21st Century scientific edge.

We saw on Saturday night how a game plan, every bit as much as the boxer himself, is responsible for winning a fight. This game plan concocted solely by Booth, and delivered to the letter from George. That’s team work, because believe me, without such a plan that fight was always DeGales. Adam knew what was needed to come out with a win, and that’s precisely what happened.

I also like how he wishes to test his fighters with each fight (ok, I’ll happily accept that Audley wasn’t a test for Haye!) He’s not a believer in fighting journeymen, bums etc. Grove’s career thus far is an impeccable example of that.

He has a very strong will and calming presence in the corner, and has apparent complete respect from his fighters - essential.

I hope to see his career progress as well as it has been doing so far, i think he’s a good thing for boxing
    Its a solid unit the Hayemaker team definetly, Adam Booth has come up with two gameplans that have just shaded wins in the fights they were applied in and he is currently training a HW titlist.

But there's a nagging feeling that he isnt a boxing man through and through, he's a fitness driven trainer and he does look like someone you'd see in any random gym in the country, training fat people at weight watchers.

That said, his methods seem to be working for the moment, and his fighters are winning their fights with him and his team in their corner, the fighters do trust him and are fiercly loyal to him, so all in all things are going gerat for Booth atm.

Whether he can crack the Klitschko code is another matter altogether

Comment

He can definitly crack the klitschko code, but can david haye deliver it is the question

Comment

Originally posted by Juicetin View Post
        He can definitly crack the klitschko code, but can david haye deliver it is the question
        Im sure he can come up with a gameplan no doubt, but he has to put that plan together in line with what his fighter is capable of. You wont be able to throw 10 punches a round against Klitschko and get away with it like against Valuev

Haye has stamina problems, Klitschko most definetly doesnt

Interesting fight

Comment

I like what he said in the post fight interview:

"Don't celebrate the strengths (in your fighter), look at the weaknesses and try to perfect them".

Comment

The guys seems like a great tactician and able to get his fighters the best training setup and good sparring.

Excellent on the mental side of the game, and very good at match making and negotiations.

Comment

yeah, his............

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
                I like what he said in the post fight interview:

"Don't celebrate the strengths (in your fighter), look at the weaknesses and try to perfect them".
                i thought that was a great little quote as well, i think he is spot on about the sport of boxing, he is following the basic principle, hit without getting hit, that is what he basis his whole style on

Comment

Working...
                X