Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    They always prop up Matchroom’s agenda.

As I said they’re extremely political.

Just look at how long it took them to report the Whyte story...
    Wasn't there some issue with them not reporting on the Fury/Wilder fight for a couple of weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Wasn't there some issue with them not reporting on the Fury/Wilder fight for a couple of weeks?
      I can’t remember tbh, but they generally give minimal to no coverage to events they aren’t televising.

I remember Hearn repeatedly telling us that fight wouldn’t happen though😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Not sure where talksport got that quotes from in the athletic report, if you click on it, it goes directly to Mike coppinger quoting 9m, as per his contract. And most reliable reporter have quoted that same amount.

So not sure where talksport got the half of what the challenger gets.
        Yeah everywhere is saying the same thing, $9M flat fee, its either a flat fee or a split (or split with min guarantee) and no one has mentioned split. If Ruiz signed for a rematch for $9M they knew that wasn't going to be 50%.

I have to wonder if Hearn was reading the reports about Ruiz refusing coming to the UK and just laughing, while working on a $40M site fee from SA.

If Ruiz had said I've signed a contract and I'll beat him where ever he wants it and Hearn had announced SA, people (UK fans especially) wouldn't be happy. Now he gets to say, Ruiz refused to come to the UK so we have selected a neutral venue, while picking up a lazy $40M on top. That site fee alone is more than any other recent HW fight pot no?

Comment

Good luck getting the Arabs to pay the $40 Mill.

Ask Khan is he has been paid yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
            Good luck getting the Arabs to pay the $40 Mill.

Ask Khan is he has been paid yet.
            Apparently it was Khan's partner that stiffed him not "the Arabs".

Besides its not like Matchroom is some backyard operation and SA doesn't have some money floating around, milestone payments, escrow accounts, these things can be handled.

Comment

I wonder if Ruiz can decline to sign a contract that specifies a city or country but not a specific venue — the arena literally does not exist at this moment, right?

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
                I wonder if Ruiz can decline to sign a contract that specifies a city or country but not a specific venue — the arena literally does not exist at this moment, right?
                No it doesn't. There is no venue as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  But it’s an example of Sky announcing something that wasn’t confirmed.

Sky are extremely political, you’re extremely naive if you believe otherwise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sky...er-22-april-13

That one good enough for you?
                  Again you are either trolling or naive. Announcing a fight they were involved in is difference to reporting a fight.

Sky are not here to play dumb politics, they announce fights that they are part of end of, you copying and pasting dates that they have signed with Joshua for April and September actually confirms what am saying.

They had a date with Joshua and they announced it, whether a fight then happens on those dates is irrelevant. Why? Because a lot of things can happen before that date that could prevent a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by andocom View Post
                    Yeah everywhere is saying the same thing, $9M flat fee, its either a flat fee or a split (or split with min guarantee) and no one has mentioned split. If Ruiz signed for a rematch for $9M they knew that wasn't going to be 50%.

I have to wonder if Hearn was reading the reports about Ruiz refusing coming to the UK and just laughing, while working on a $40M site fee from SA.

If Ruiz had said I've signed a contract and I'll beat him where ever he wants it and Hearn had announced SA, people (UK fans especially) wouldn't be happy. Now he gets to say, Ruiz refused to come to the UK so we have selected a neutral venue, while picking up a lazy $40M on top. That site fee alone is more than any other recent HW fight pot no?
                    Pretty much, they wanted a neutral ground from what we are hearing and they have entertain that for him. I think this is a way of saying we are still in charge.

The only thing Team Ruiz can do is be silent and wait things out, they can’t be seen talking too much or contradicting themselves. His trainer would probably be warned for saying they would fight anywhere as per their contract now.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      These reported, including Hearn, that AJ & Hearn have final say on date, location, venue. Who sure these reliable journalist who have said different from below?

Mannix:

https://amp.si.com/boxing/2019/08/08...-saudi-arabia?

Coppinger:

https://theathletic.com/1044431/2019...-it-look-like/

When Ruiz said he wants the fight in NY, LA, or Mexico, here is Hearn knocking down that idea and telling Coppinger Ruiz has to follow the rematch clause

Can you point me to your reputable journalist saying different?
                      Lol, you seems to be backing exactly what am saying. And using the same source, so why are you asking me to “Back” what am saying when we are both saying the same thing?

Comment

Working...
                      X