Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has taken on the riskier fights in their career; Manny or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    What is a makes a fight 'risky'? And what does it mean if a fighter has taken on 'riskier' fights?
    To me what makes a fight risky is size advantage and style match up.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      He types like a young girl and says, "Yea u tell him girl", lmfao! Panzy
      Preach On sista!

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
        and how many times a year one fights. Once a year is just not a huge risk. Especially when the opposition is lower.

Comment

Clueless bastard!

Comment

So Baldomir was a risky fight for Mayweather then considering the size advantage I'm guessing?

Comment

Losing by ko happens to the best. Falling on your face and needing smelling salts to revive you isn't the norm in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                Clueless bastard!
                SO what makes a fight risky?

Comment

This is another one of these polarizing threads that just gives Floyd worshippers and PAC fanatics a forum to pot shot one another. I personally think it's an untimely thread considering one of these fighters just lost two times in a row. But stating that-Floyd was an Olympic kid, pampered, and primed for the big time. It was calculative process (Floyd's career). That's not a slight, it's business. Manny didnt have that luxury, he had to fight his way up. But because of that fact-one could also say that he had to take fights with Barrera, morales, etc.

So it's a bit of an unfair question because there careers are very different. As champs I'd say manny fought more, so he took more risks. But now, dude just ko'd-so it's all for not.
                  If Floyd fights Guerrero (who I'm not a fan of) or Canelo this year-I'd say he risked more.

Comment

Corrales - Mayweather was the underdog
                    Hernandez 130 Lineal champ
                    Castillo x2 @ 135 while being the Ring champ
                    De La Hoya @ 154
                    Mosley
                    Cotto #1 ranked 154 fighter
                    Ortiz #3 WW while coming off 16 months without a fight
                    Baldomir touted as a "legit WW risk" by HBO commentators, Brian Kenny and fans of that time
                    Marquez while coming off a 2 year lay off
                    Chavez
                    Corley

Marquez I, and IV - The rematch was not a risky fight, it was seen as a vastly improved Pacquiao vs an aging Marquez. 4 years passed since the first one, and Team Pacquiao thought they would get an old Marquez. Same with the third fight.
                    Ledwaba
                    Sanchez - Risky fight against a tough, dirty journeyman who only had 1 KO loss and had gone 36 rounds with Marquez, Norwood, and Barrera.
                    Barrera 2003 - Pacquiao was the underdog
                    Morales I
                    De La Hoya
                    Hatton
                    Cotto
                    Clottey
                    Bradley
                    Solis

Total: 12 risky fights for each [IMO]. It's a tie.

Any one saying Pacquiao "By a mile", is a stupid boxing fan who knows nothing about risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mneronava View Post
                      So it's a bit of an unfair question because there careers are very different. As champs I'd say manny fought more, so he took more risks. .
                      If Floyd fights Guerrero (who I'm not a fan of) or Canelo this year-I'd say he risked more.
                      Fighting Guerrero when you are so called the best fighter in the world isnt a risk its the norm and accepted part of boxing. Miguel could fight Guerro as could trout and they do, as they are pro boxers.

If Floyd fought Sergio at 160 you could argue that is a bigger risk than Pac has ever taken, but you still couldnt put a case for FLoyd taking MORE risks. Stepping into the ring regularly with the kind of tough opposition Pac has year in year out, is riskier than Floyds casual approach.

Comment

Working...
                      X