What makes Canelo so deadly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good looks. Marketability.

Comment

• his hair, lol i think alot of people should pay attention to his style, he works the body and throws 5-6 punch combos perfect...........

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
        Deadly? Not sure. He has good body work and combinations. He "looks" to be a top caliber fighter, but he hasn't really fought anyone worth a damn to use as a measuring stick. Beating up older, smaller guys isn't really a test for him. The only older smaller guy I'd consider a test for him would be Floyd and theres talks of it coming off. That to me would measure his mental toughness and ability to adapt more than anything. If it doesn't happen, or afterwards he needs to fight someone whos the same size as him. See if his power is all its made out to be, yeah it looks strong, but its effects on bigger guys wont be like beating up JWWs.
        ^This right here. Totally agree!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          He would never fight Hatton (2005- early 2007), Why don't you fight the "Relentless Ricky Hatton or the guy who beat Judah in baldomir - Brian Kinney (2006/2007), Judah is too quick for him and he is a southpaw... Mayweather don't do southpaws, Fight Cotto, He would duck JMM just watch, Mosley would KO him and he knows it..

Comment

• fighting people way smaller than him.

Comment

• His ability to make 154, get a paper belt and fight guys that usually weight 147 or even 140.

Comment

• Well, if Mayweather takes on Canelo for his next fight, we will soon find out. If not, I don't think it will ever happen.

Comment

• Yup, he's probably thee single most deadly fighter to anyone campaigning anywhere from 135-147.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Yup, he's probably thee single most deadly fighter to anyone campaigning anywhere from 135-147.
                    That's not entirely fair to Alvarez; he tried to make the Ivan Calderon fight but Calderon didn't want it with him.

Comment

Working...
                    X