Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most difficult games you've ever played?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I'll bring up some of the old ones.

Battletoads (NES) - Couldn't even get past the turbo tunnel.

Ninja Gaiden III (NES)- Hard as hell with limited continues.

Castlevania (NES) - Could only get to Frankenstein's monster.

Equinox (SNES)- If this game hadn't been a rental I'd have broken it.

Super Ghouls and Ghosts (SNES)- Just play it. Hard as hell just like the NES ones.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica (Dreamcast and Gamecube)- Use your ribbons sparingly and make sure you have a few save slots instead of just one.

F-Zero GX (Gamecube)- Try to stay on the track if you can. Can't even make it to the finish line half the time.

Comment

resident evil outbreak number 2(i think)

i can't complete a single scenerio, let alone the game

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        The difficulty in the Souls games is vastly overblown. They aren't easy or anything, but the way reviewers talk about it you would think they are impossible. Just approach fights intelligently and you'll usually be fine, other than one extremely unfair section.
        This sums up my experience thus far. I think a lot of people approach it as a typical hack and slash and just run in ready to kick ass, they forget that it's an RPG which takes tons of time and patience. I pick enemies off from afar with my short bow and when I'm surrounded by multiples I'll just retreat backwards a bit, luring them towards me, and dealing with them one to two at a time, max.

It basically boils down to being smart and keeping an eye on your health and stamina.

I should also note I didn't have much trouble with 'Demon's Souls' on the PS3 over a year ago, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton.Me. View Post
          Guess I'll bring up some of the old ones.

Battletoads (NES) - Couldn't even get past the turbo tunnel.

Ninja Gaiden III (NES)- Hard as hell with limited continues.

Castlevania (NES) - Could only get to Frankenstein's monster.

Equinox (SNES)- If this game hadn't been a rental I'd have broken it.

Super Ghouls and Ghosts (SNES)- Just play it. Hard as hell just like the NES ones.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica (Dreamcast and Gamecube)- Use your ribbons sparingly and make sure you have a few save slots instead of just one.

F-Zero GX (Gamecube)- Try to stay on the track if you can. Can't even make it to the finish line half the time.
          Pretty much every game created prior to 1991 was incredibly ****ing difficult.

I never had a problem with RE : Code Veronica when I originally bought it with my Dreamcast back in the day. I beat it quite a few times rather easily, but then years later I picked up the Gamecube version and HOLY **** that game beat my ass. The amount of ammo available in that game has to be the lowest amount in any RE game to date. There were extended periods during that Gamecube revisit where I was armed only with a knife, running from anything and everything that came at me.

Eventually I couldn't run away anymore, as I got to that part where you HAVE to kill the Bandersnatch in the lift room in order for the cutscene to que with Steve coming to the rescue. Imagine trying to kill a Bandersnatch with a knife.

I gave up and never touched it since.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            This sums up my experience thus far. I think a lot of people approach it as a typical hack and slash and just run in ready to kick ass, they forget that it's an RPG which takes tons of time and patience. I pick enemies off from afar with my short bow and when I'm surrounded by multiples I'll just retreat backwards a bit, luring them towards me, and dealing with them one to two at a time, max.

It basically boils down to being smart and keeping an eye on your health and stamina.

I should also note I didn't have much trouble with 'Demon's Souls' on the PS3 over a year ago, either.
            It's depressing to think about how many people were probably scared off of either game because they were worried about difficulty.

Comment

I still suck at the DMC games, for the record. Haven't beaten a single one of 'em.

Other games I've found difficult over the years :

Donkey Kong 64 - The game itself wasn't hard at all, but in order to have the final boss fight with K Rool you needed to beat the arcade version of the original Donkey Kong and after about the 3rd level that game gets ****ing ridiculous. Mario can't even take a 1 inch fall without dying, and the level with the platforms that move up and down is especially irritating. Eventually my brother beat that part of the game for me somehow, so I was able to finish this one.

Lethal Weapon for the SNES - This game was given to me by a female friend of mine whose ex left a basket of 15 SNES games at her house. Most of them were absolute ****, but this was the worst of the bunch. Even worse than Revolution X, which I also got in that same basket. The game has nothing to do with the plotline of the movies whatsoever and halfway through Joe Pesci shows up and you wonder WTF he's doing there as he didn't appear in the films until the third installment.

One level you're on a cruise ship battling dock workers and hostile life preservers for no apparent reason, the next level you're swimming in an alligator infested sewer looking for terrorist bombs. The level design is absolute **** with tons of seemingly harmless background items actually killing you if you accidentally walk into them. The game requires a lot of platforming which is also executed rather poorly as certain platforms have no physics to them whatsoever, and you'll often find yourself falling through invisible holes in the floor, or dying instantly from jumping on the wrong platform.

To top it all off the entire time you're playing this bug-ridden piece of horse dung you're on a time limit so even if you manage to avoid all the issues with collision detection, enemy AI, level design, and the like you're likely still going to die anyway because the clock starts the moment the level does and it runs in double time so you're basically ****ed unless you're Japanese.

Mega Man 9 - I grew up on the Megaman franchise and still love many of them today, none more so than the first 3 installments in the X series, but attempting to play this game is just asking to have your entire day ruined. I'm not even stretching it when I say that you'd get more enjoyment out of having a morbidly obese transvestite with genital warts squat on your face for 6 hours.

Comment

You're only past Taurus Demon, bro?

My friend, what you are about to go through is far worse.

But i already highly respect you more for getting to where you are.

Your first run through, use the white stone and summon others whenever you play online.

Dying = progress, learning, getting better

you being able to keep going = we dont know.

Comment

Among games I've played extensively, Castlevania 3, Contra 4, and Virtua Fighter 2 on the hardest difficulty with AI learning.

Comment

Obviously Demon's Souls.

I haven't played the sequel Dark Souls.............but Demon's Souls was frustrating and it took me forever to learn how to not die.

Like any f**king human in his right mind agrees that when you first play that game you want to throw the ps3 against the wall.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

donkey kong 64 was a lil tough

but my toughest game n favorite that enjoy while it being difficult was= Turok 2 seeds of evil thats the only turok game i enjoyed but man that game was tough, i played it when i was a kid

i bought a 64 n bought that game not to long ago, its challenging for me still now days

I also agree with games being easy, like call of duty n halo, those are simple games where u just have to shoot ur way thru

Comment

Working...
                      X