Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is David Haye getting over-hyped and overrated again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny how ya'll try to discredit Chisora now but hyped him up when Vitali was fighting him

Comment

Haye deserves all the credit in the world for destroying Chisora like that. It's one thing to hurt an iron chinned fighter but to keep landing incredibly fast, flush shots to finish him in that manner is very impressive. I think Haye is the only HW right now that could do that to Chisora, in that manner atleast.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Its not a bodybuilding contest.
        He wasn't ripped & often was out of shape but the could fight.

Look at say Fedor, he was a pretty tubby guy himself all throughout his career.
        but you said a "in shape" sanders was hell..when was he in shape?

Comment

Best heavyweight,LOL!

Comment

I'd rather see Vitali fight Haye than Charr.

Haye-Povetkin would be a good fight for later this year, Haye should jump on that.

On a side note, it is funny that people are now talking about Chisora like he's a bum, but he was a top HW when Vitali was fighting him. Chisora was a solid win for Haye.

Haye can forget about fighting a Klitschko though, it just doesn't seem to be realistic for him. He should pursue Povetkin, Adamek, or Fury next.
            Last edited by 4Corners; 07-17-2012, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
              Funny how ya'll try to discredit Chisora now but hyped him up when Vitali was fighting him

Funny how a fat as fcuk Tyson Fury beat his ass & took his '0' & got no credit yet Haye stops him in a fight he didn't exactly look spectacular in and people are praising the guy as if he just beat a prime Larry Holmes.

Comment

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
                but you said a "in shape" sanders was hell..when was he in shape?

Probably around the late 90s
                Quite difficult to say really as nearly all of his opponents didn't last longer than a few rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Its not a bodybuilding contest.
                  He wasn't ripped & often was out of shape but the could fight.

Look at say Fedor, he was a pretty tubby guy himself all throughout his career.
                  Sanders was good, but never anything more than a outsider looking in.

Haye probably couldn't take the shot Vitali took, but he doesn't fight the same way and I wouldn't expect him to take those shots. Also Sanders probably had worse stamina than Haye and was never in shape. It always felt like Boxing wasn't his career just something he did on the side.

Rahman is far more static than Haye and also has chin issues (he was dropped early in his fight with Saunders if I remember right) and managed to put Corrie away. So to say offhand Sanders would blow Haye away when Sanders biggest win is over a green, glass chinned young Wlad? His next best win is probably Purrity.

Comment

He is getting overhyped IMO. But oh well, that's boxing fans for you I guess. I'd like to see Haye fight Seth Mitchell if the Vitali fight isn't happening next.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      David Haye is a talented boxer, no one would question that.

However, Haye beating the plodding Dereck Chisora (who lost to a one-armed Vitali and to Tyson Fury) doesn't really mean much.

Haye should fight a Ring top ten HW contender, and then try for another fight with a Klitschko.
                      Well, if haye can hit them, they go, even if your a granite chinned and weigh 2 stone more than him you cant take liberties with haye.

Its unfair that guys like haye are blessed with power. Makes you wonder if he has anything else? But beating chisora, who aint much is good, as he ko'ed him and your not supposed to do that to chisora.
                      Last edited by hugh grant; 07-17-2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X