Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    All religions?

Are you a theologian?
    Theology is the study of things that aren't real.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Theology is the study of things that aren't real.
      Well the study of religion and god.

Pretty sure religion is real.

Comment

Well the study of religion and god.

Pretty sure religion is real.
        Theologians debate the veracity of myths.

Comment

I don't see the hassle with people believing in a God, but to think that he personally looks after you is ego-centric and ******ed.

It is mere speculation and each man's speculation is as valid as the next, however there is no observable evidence to back the existence of an omnipotent God so to claim that is definitely how it is, is stupid.

Equally, saying there is definitely no higher power is also a bit delusional.

Comment

Theologians debate the veracity of myths.
            Maybe, but my point was unless you have studied every religion how do you know they all discount a rewarding afterlife if you don't subscribe to beliefs.

Comment

Maybe, but my point was unless you have studied every religion how do you know they all discount a rewarding afterlife if you don't subscribe to beliefs.
              Because of the nature of religion. Religions that say that you can still gain the reward of that religion even if you don't belong to it don't last.

Equally, saying there is definitely no higher power is also a bit delusional.
              How about saying there is no evidence of a "higher power"?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
                Would a person who is not a part of any religious group, but believes in God, and lives a "good" life go to heaven or hell?
                It depends on your context of living a "good" life.....

But living a righteous life is surely living a Godly one - if there is one true faith and you didn't follow it, but lived a life pure in the eyes of God - I believe he would forgive you for not following a specific faith......

Comment

Well that's fine because there isn't and you're not saying there is no probability a higher power exists, just no reason to believe one does thus far but you still sort of remain open to the possibility.

In summary in my opinion you can believe what you want but don't declare it fact until you have evidence supporting your claim.

Comment

Because of the nature of religion. Religions that say that you can still gain the reward of that religion even if you don't belong to it don't last.

And that is why I asked if you were a theologian to make such a bold statements.

Maybe you are only referring to the mainstream religions?

Comment

And that is why I asked if you were a theologian to make such a bold statements.

Maybe you are only referring to the mainstream religions?
                      It's probably not even possible to log all the religions in the world in great detail. Considering African tribes still worship spirits and other God's under various guises.

Comment

Working...
                      X