No announcement yet.

Can Berto pull a Bradley against Pacquiao in 2011

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Berto pull a Bradley against Pacquiao in 2011

While watching a replay of Guerrero-Berto as part of the Mayweather vs Guerrero preview last night. It came to my mind Andre Berto (undefeated then, before he lost to Ortiz) was supposed to be one fighting Manny Pacquiao in cinco de mayo two years ago instead of grandpa Shane Mosley, and a year later, Pacman was robbed against a black guy, Timothy Bradley.

Will Berto, then unbeaten, get the judges' nod against Pac, not that he's gonna beat him.

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
    While watching a replay of Guerrero-Berto as part of the Mayweather vs Guerrero preview last night. It came to my mind Andre Berto (undefeated then, before he lost to Ortiz) was supposed to be one fighting Manny Pacquiao in cinco de mayo two years ago instead of grandpa Shane Mosley, and a year later, Pacman was robbed against a black guy, Timothy Bradley.

Will Berto, then unbeaten, get the judges' nod against Pac, not that he's gonna beat him.
    There was never a Pacquiao-Berto fight. Berto was supposed to fight Mosley but cancelled because of a crisis in his home country. There are promotional reasons why Pac-Berto will likely never be made.

Comment

Berto would be a much better fighter except for one thing...he sucks at fighting. He really never took the time to learn his craft.

Comment

Win or loss. Bradley had success because he is intelligent, resilient, somewhat elusive and technically skilled.

Berto is none of these.

Whilst originally i had it 10-2 for Pacquiao, upon rewatching i see the Bradley fight as a close win for Pacquiao (7-5). I can see an argument for Bradley.

Berto would get beaten to a stoppage uncompetitively. He was never elite because he is a fighter who gets along on physical talents without the mentality to back it up. Like Khan or Judah only worse.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I kinda liked Khan for a while, but he's starting to fall off my radar. Maybe if he turns out to rattle off some wins, I might be interested again, especially if they're mostly stoppages. Man, I thought Wladimir had chin issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342
            I kinda liked Khan for a while, but he's starting to fall off my radar. Maybe if he turns out to rattle off some wins, I might be interested again, especially if they're mostly stoppages. Man, I thought Wladimir had chin issues.
            I think Wlads chin is fine. Just his reaction to getting hit is the problem.

Khan to a lesser degree. Dumb goddamn fighter if i ever saw one. His discipline and defense (maybe both are ego problems?) are the bigger liability in my opinion.

Comment

Bradley is a better fighter altogether than Berto. I had Pacquaio a clear winner vs Tim but Bradley put up a better fight than Andre would have and thats WITH the injuries! Berto is pretty dangerous but nothing too special, great hand speed, explosive power (kinda like a Zab Judah type of power imo) and his flashy shots are pretty eye catching for judges. On the flip side He has a HORRIBLE defence, a questionable chin, a weak inside game, average mobility, can be out willed in there and despite his muscular squat frame a lack of physical strength. Also he busts up.
              Tim Bradley? Id have him on my War Team Any day! The guy is so tenacious. He can box or brawl effectively and while he isnt the hardest puncher out there he throws a lot to compensate. He has mad heart, i mean did u see the Ruslan Provodnikov fight??? He was actually Knocked out and still fighting for like the whole round! He's a man of Steel! Just a natural fighter with good instincts and unreal conditioning, what an engine he has.

Not a huge fan of either guy but Bradley way better.
              Pacquaio would have knocked Berto cold

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                I think Wlads chin is fine. Just his reaction to getting hit is the problem.

Khan to a lesser degree. Dumb goddamn fighter if i ever saw one. His discipline and defense (maybe both are ego problems?) are the bigger liability in my opinion.

So you're saying their chins are better than people think. And you're saying Khan is good, but needs better discipline and/or training.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342
                  So you're saying their chins are better than people think. And you're saying Khan is good, but needs better discipline and/or training.
                  Wlad's chin, definitely. He can ship a good hard punch but it used to make him freeze and be open for another. Now it appears to shock him into a defensive mode (a very good one). He can ship accumulation as good as the next guy. Just like Ken Norton really.

Khan's chin also to a degree, but it seems to be deteriorating. I feel his ego and ring IQ is going to keep him from ever being truly elite. Bad technique all around.

Comment

Berto is greatly overrated. No idea how beating him became a qualification for getting Mayweather. I would pick Bradley to beat him.

Comment

Working...
                    X