No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom.
    It doesn't matter who Wlad fights, you'll whine and moan about it. And we all know why you hate him.
    I didn't whine or moan in the above post.OK.

Now that you've put that on the record, can you answer my questions?

Comment

I'd like to see him fight three times this year:

Pianeta
      Povetkin
      Pulev

All prime undefeated opponents.
      Prime undefeated? Are they any good?

Comment

i'd honestly rather see klitschko fight toney or holyfield over this guy.

Comment

Wlad is gonna snatch Pianeta's 0.

Comment

Pianeta doesn't belong next to Povetkin & Pulev, do not let Freedom pull the wool over your eyes. It's nothing personal but he's going to make him out to be a credible opponent.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?cat...uman_id=321041

That's Pianeta's BoxRec, look at how poor his resume is. If I remember correctly, the draw with Sosnowski was a lenient decision. Why is it that 4 years later he's in a worst place then when he fought the Pole?

He's not well known in Europe at all, take it from someone who lives here rather than a North American.

I really feel sorry for the Klitschko brothers, it's not their fault the lack of talent is abysmal in the division. But they could do better than the likes of Charr & Pianeta, reaching and saying they're unbeaten when they've faced such poor opposition does nothing for their credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              Pianeta doesn't belong next to Povetkin & Pulev, do not let Freedom pull the wool over your eyes. It's nothing personal but he's going to make him out to be a credible opponent.

That's Pianeta's BoxRec, look at how poor his resume is. If I remember correctly, the draw with Sosnowski was a lenient decision. Why is it that 4 years later he's in a worst place then when he fought the Pole?

He's not well known in Europe at all, take it from someone who lives here rather than a North American.

I really feel sorry for the Klitschko brothers, it's not their fault the lack of talent is abysmal in the division. But they could do better than the likes of Charr & Pianeta, reaching and saying they're unbeaten when they've faced such poor opposition does nothing for their credibility.

Pianeta was sidetracked for awhile because he had skin cancer.

Comment

What a ****ty stoppage; ****ing d1ckhead British ref....

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Pianeta was sidetracked for awhile because he had skin cancer.
                  He was out of the ring for a year until his comeback against Mike Middleton. Which was 8 fights ago and at the end of 2010, who has he fought since? His footwork is ridiculously slow and he's like a poor man's Tony Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

Ok, let's say you are right. Who can Wlad possibly fight before Povetkin?

Would you rather see him fights once per year with the 'worthy' opponent or 3 times against same 'worthy' opponent and the rest with undefeated contenders?

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      Ok, let's say you are right. Who can Wlad possibly fight before Povetkin?

Would you rather see him fights once per year with the 'worthy' opponent or 3 times against same 'worthy' opponent and the rest with undefeated contenders?
                      Pianeta isn't worthy though, it's nice to see you twist and manipulate and then emphasize an unbeaten record, he's not even a contender! I'd rather see Wlad fight Chagaev again, Chisora, Ustinov, Johnson, Abdusalamov... hell, even Travis Walker would be a better opponent than Pianeta.

Are you familiar with Pianeta and the names on his record? Or do you just see 28-0, a few green bars and think he's good to go?

Comment

Working...
                      X