Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it fair if Virgil Hill gets voted into the HOF but not Michalczewski?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
    Michalczewski has the record of title defences in that division with around 22 title defences. nuff said
    Hopkins has the record of title defences at middleweight with around 20 defences, and he is in the top 5 all time middleweights on pretty much anybody's list.
    now look at the guys Hopkins beat in those 20 defences and then compare them to the guys Michalczewski beat. u ll find out the opponents are on the same level
    Michalzewski was not an undisputed champion. Hopkins was. Hopkins was undisputed until he was 40 (longevity). Michaelzewski was losing to club fighters(Julio Cesar Gonzalez) and struggling with Richard Hall at a much younger age, while never becoming the undisputed champion. You can't compare two.

Let's see your top 5.
    Last edited by joseph5620; 10-27-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Michalczewski has the record of title defences in that division with around 22 title defences.
      Hopkins has the record of title defences at middleweight with around 20 defences, and he is in the top 5 all time middleweights on pretty much anybody's list. now look at the guys Hopkins beat in those 20 defences and then compare them to the guys Michalczewski beat. u ll find out the opponents are on the same level
      I wouldn't have B Hop anywhere near my top 5 middleweights list. And i wouldn't have Michalczwski anywhere near my top 20 light-heavyweights let alone top 5.

It's flawed logic anyway. You need to compare Michalczewski to other light-heavyweights not to middleweights. A top 5 light-heavyweight isn't necessarily the equal of a top 5 middleweight anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
        I wouldn't have B Hop anywhere near my top 5 middleweights list. And i wouldn't have Michalczwski anywhere near my top 20 light-heavyweights let alone top 5.

It's flawed logic anyway. You need to compare Michalczewski to other light-heavyweights not to middleweights. A top 5 light-heavyweight isn't necessarily the equal of a top 5 middleweight anyway.
        That's a very good point.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          Michalzewski was not an undisputed champion. Hopkins was. Hopkins was undisputed until he was 40 (longevity). Michaelzewski was losing to club fighters(Julio Cesar Gonzalez) and struggling with Richard Hall at a much younger age, while never becoming the undisputed champion. You can't compare two.

Let's see your top 5.
          Michalczewski once held 3 of the 4 titles, which is basically called "undisputed". he held the WBA, IBF and WBO title at one point and then held on to the WBO title. the lightheavyweight and the middleweight division have always been deep divisions throughout history so you can indeed compare middleweights to lightheavyweights.
          in my top 5 I have guys like Bob Foster, Archie Moore, Michael Spinks, Michalczewski and Gene Tunney.
          an old michal. losing to Gonzales (who is NOT a club fighter) doesnt mean anything. look at the guys Michal. beat and look at the guys Hopkins beat.
          21 or 22 title defences from Michal. . thats called LONGEVITY. Michal won the 2 wars with Richard Hall. Roy Jones needed steroids to beat Richard Hall
          Last edited by Salardo; 10-27-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame;12642964[U
            ]Michalczewski once held 3 of the 4 titles, which is basically called "undisputed". [/U]he held the WBA, IBF and WBO title at one point and then held on to the WBO title. the lightheavyweight and the middleweight division have always been deep divisions throughout history so you can indeed compare middleweights to lightheavyweights.
            in my top 5 I have guys like Bob Foster, Archie Moore, Michael Spinks, Michalczewski and Gene Tunney.
            an old michal. losing to Gonzales (who is NOT a club fighter) doesnt mean anything. look at the guys Michal. beat and look at the guys Hopkins beat.
            21 or 22 title defences from Michal. . thats called LONGEVITY. Michal won the 2 wars with Richard Hall. Roy Jones needed steroids to beat Richard Hall
            There is no "basically undisputed" Either you are or you're not. Meaning Michaelzweski did not clean out his division and Hopkins did. Your comparison is ridiculous.

As far as your silly Roy Jones comment is concerned, Hall also tested positive for a substance at higher levels than Jones. So that kills your ridiculous theory.
            Last edited by joseph5620; 10-27-2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

There is no "basically undisputed" Either you are or you're not. Meaning Michaelzweski did not clean his division and Hopkins did. You comparison is ridiculous.

As far as your silly Roy Jones comment is concerned, Hall also tested positive for a substance. So that pretty kills your ridiculous theory.
              lot of guys have been called "undisputed" while holding 3 titles. Kostya Tszyu is one of them. Wladimir Klitschko another one.
              Michal. became undisputed by beating Virgil Hill.

Comment

lot of guys have been called "undisputed" while holding 3 titles. Kostya Tszyu is one of them. Wladimir Klitschko another one.
                Michal. became undisputed by beating Virgil Hill.
                If you don't beat the best in your division, you're not undisputed. Semantics don't change that. You can't say Michalczewski was "undisputed champion" with Roy Jones jr in that division.
                Last edited by joseph5620; 10-27-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

If you don't beat the best in your division you're not undisputed. Semantics don't change that. You can't say Michalczewski was "undisputed champion" with Roy Jones jr is that division.
                  Michal . beat every man on earth in the LH division. Roy didnt want to fight Michal cause he was afraid he would get robbed and he was afraid to get beaten. Thats why Roy also didnt fight guys like Nigel Benn, Chris Eubank, Steve Collins, Liles and so on. not Michal.'s fault that Roy wanted no part of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                    Dan Rafael said it in his "CHAT" yesterday.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/45835
                    dude you attend Dan RAfael's chats?
                    some friend once sent me a link for his chat and I joined it. and I never came back cause Rafael is full of sh+t. he is arrogant, he only answers questions which make him look cool and he always tries to make himself look smarter than the guys who ask questions. if you ask a real question or tell him what u think of him, it will never be posted cause Danny chooses what appears on the site and what not.

Comment

Michal . beat every man on earth in the LH division. Roy didnt want to fight Michal cause he was afraid he would get robbed and he was afraid to get beaten. Thats why Roy also didnt fight guys like Nigel Benn, Chris Eubank, Steve Collins, Liles and so on. not Michal.'s fault that Roy wanted no part of him.

Sorry, but I only deal with facts. Not your biased and absurd opinions. As long as Michalczewski does not have a win over Roy Jones jr, he will never be considered undisputed. Period. You'll have to live with that fact.

BTW, are you ever going to post that top 5 list with DM?
                      Last edited by joseph5620; 10-27-2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X