No announcement yet.

Nate Diaz: "Gil is #1 at lightweight."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Diaz: "Gil is #1 at lightweight."

"I’ve been training with Gilbert and Jake (Shields) for years," said Diaz. "They’ve shown me a lot. These are guys I look up to. Me and Gil been battling it out in here for years.

"There’s no one better than him. There’s no doubt in my mind he’s the best 155′er on the planet and I think he deserves to be right there in the UFC holding the UFC belt. He’s the man."

UFC President Dana White has said he’ll get the next shot at the UFC lightweight belt if he’s willing to wait. Melendez, meanwhile, is set for a third fight with Josh Thomson on May 19.
    MMAconvert.com

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">

He's correct.

He'll get to "prove it" eventually. Only guy i think can beat him is Maynard with a pure wrestling gameplan.
    A "prime" BJ would be a hell of a fight too. Edgar may outbox him for 5 rounds but not so sure.

I definitely pick Gilbert over Bendo and Diaz not that they would ever fight.

Comment

Yea hands down Melendez is a beat look what he did to aoki.

Comment

someone needs to fix his nose the most nasal i have ever heard someone sound.

Comment

I think Nate is selling himself short to help his friend out, he's an honorable dude. There isn't a person in the division I can't see him socking up, his only losses will be lnp. Who knows about Maynard though.. guy went off the reservation after his loss to Edgar and has been chillin in Brazil with Aldo ever since.

Comment

"El Nino" is top 5 lightweights.. not sure he is number 1. I want to see him beat a Maynard or Pettis first.

Comment

He didnt look too good last night

Comment

When he fights in the ufc, maybe then we can consider him.

Comment

Working...
                X