Obama COMPROMISES on birth control issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
    i said catholic church, not catholics

regardless of validity of the church's influence on its congregation... when the catholic church speaks apparently even the messiah listens
    the catholic church opposes tons of things that are not in line with american society though. They are out of touch with reality of the common american.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      that's a really poor example comrade because what obama would have done wouldn't be forcing catholics to take birth control or anything like that, only it would require that OPTION is there for them provided by their employer, that's all.
      The simple OPTION goes against the church's beliefs. It's just that simple.

Ok here's a better one, forcing a Mosque to have the option to sell vouchers for a free ham.

Comment

No point of arguing an opinion. Anything Obama does it wrong if you're Republican or just don' like him. I bet if he gave a family 10 million of his own money people would say he's selfish for not doing other stuff with it and there's a conspiracy.

Comment

umm, no one would be forcing anyone to do anything. The point is the option is there for people who want it. You don't want it, then don't. It's not like all catholics oppose birth control, in fact most use birth control (98%).
          They would be forced to provide BC to those who want it

It is against the Church's beliefs. Just because most "catholics" dont follow it doesnt mean its not against their beliefs

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            The simple OPTION goes against the church's beliefs. It's just that simple.

Ok here's a better one, forcing a Mosque to have the option to sell vouchers for a free ham.
            still not good because the church wouldn't be responsible it's the insurance that takes care of it. The church can firmly oppose whatever they want it's up the individual on whether or not they will use their insurance for that service.

How about Christian Scientists? They don't believe in medicine, they believe in prayer. Their employers are still required to get them health insurance. They individual has the right to use that for medicine if they wish even though the church opposes it.

I see no conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
              I will take that number as legit because I haven't done any research on it but you are missing the point.

While hypocritical if it's true, the reality is that the catholic church opposes birth control so it doesn't matter what the members do, it's what the right of the church is as an establishment that represents a certain theology (in this specific case one that opposes birth control)

I'm sure there's a lot of Muslims who eat pork, smoke cigarettes and have sex out of marriage but you couldn't force a Mosque into serving pork or having a wet t-shirt contest.

You're right. Even though I could give a flying fuk about the catholic church, separation of church and state swings both ways. Besides it never actually said that in the Constitution. Just that you couldn't have a State Church like England, I.E. The Church of America.

Comment

that's a really poor example comrade because what obama would have done wouldn't be forcing catholics to take birth control or anything like that, only it would require that OPTION is there for them provided by their employer, that's all.
                Its an Option for the employee, not the employer. If an employee says she wants BC, then the employer has no options

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  They would be forced to provide BC to those who want it

It is against the Church's beliefs. Just because most "catholics" dont follow it doesnt mean its not against their beliefs
                  they would provide insurance they wouldn't provide birth control.

Comment

the catholic church opposes tons of things that are not in line with american society though. They are out of touch with reality of the common american.
                    It doesnt care about the common american tho. Its not gonna change it;s beliefs because of whats "popular" and common in the US

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      It doesnt care about the common american tho. Its not gonna change it;s beliefs because of whats "popular" and common in the US
                      I don't care about changing the church's beliefs, it's their belief they can believe whatever they want. What I care about is having BC available to the masses.

Comment

Working...
                      X