Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people rate Canelo's resume so high, even relative to GGG's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greedo's Lawyer View Post
    And people as of late reserved alts for when the Franchise King has the hype rinsed all day errrday cause of that W over GGG in gangsta rap denialism!

Canelo just too bad! We in dis thang, mayne!
    Man you are entertaining, if not a little strange lol

Comment

Is this a serious thread? Canelo has the strongest resume in boxing outside of Manny. I don't even see much room to argue otherwise.

Comment

Fun fact GGG has faced just 5 opponents that have ever been world champ his ENTIRE career. Meanwhile Canelo has already beaten 15 world champs. GGG is older then Canelo and today with so many belts out there it has never been easier to become a world champ in the history of boxing. That's a huge indictment on the tomato can filled resume GGG has. Hell if you consistently stay as a top 15-30 ranked contender in your weight class long enough you can accidentally become world champ with all the belts that become vacant out there alone. The fact that GGG fought so many bums who have accomplished nothing in the sport before or after fighting him says volumes about his resume. You can count on 1 hand how many universally top 10 ranked middleweight he has fought most of these clowns he faced weren't even on RING, ESPN or 3rd party top 10 rankings. Canelo has fought damn near 20 universally top 10 ranked fighters.

But dyck for brains GGG fans really want us to believe that the level of opponents are equal. Not even bringing up the fact that Canelo has won titles in 3 weight classes, beaten lineal champs, hall of famers, top 10 P4P ranked fighters, unified belts in 2 different weight classes but because you say wins over guys like Vanes and Stevens are GOOD Wins and comparable to wins over guys like Cotto, Trout, Jacobs, Lara, etc make it so? LMAO
        Last edited by bigdunny1; 07-13-2019, 12:54 PM.

Comment

You lost creditability when you listed Rolls as a OK Win. Vanes a semi retired gate keeper at 154 coming off a loss and 2 years without fighting and you force him to fight for the first time ever at 160 is a terrible win. Rolls is even worst a journeyman almost as old as GGG with no punching power ranked the 81st best middleweight in the world having never even fought a top 50 ranked middleweight? Rolls had only one 10 round fight his entire career. He was basically a 35 year old 8 round fighter.

You got to go back to when Canelo was a teenager to find a time he fought someone that wasn't even a top 50 ranked fighter. The levels in both guys resumes is so wide Canelo could get hit by a bus and never fight again and GGG could spend the next 3 years fighting nothing but world champs and universally top 10 ranked fighters and STILL not match Canelo's resume right now....and Canelo not even done he's not even 30 yet and still adding on...while GGG is fighting nobody with a pulse the Rolls of the world and Vanes in between begging for more rematches with Canelo. He isn't even trying to add to his legacy leaving his bytch fans to try and talk up a resume of fighting house arrest Wade, retired 154lb Vanes, 8 round 35 year old nobody Rolls, career gate keeper Rosado, Curtis Stevens who has lost to everybody and before he fought GGG was white washed by Jessie Brinkley and knocked out by a bum with 38 career losses Primera.

Last edited by bigdunny1; 07-13-2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

I stopped at beating Kell Brook as a good win yet Canelo beating Khan is an OK win. They are the same win ok win..

Idc if GGG knocked out Brook with the first punch. And his mouth piece flies out and hits Ingle in the face knocking him out. That would never be a good win.

Comment

What was GGG’s resume at 28?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                The first two paragraphs...I agree with lol...I agree also that GGG could have done more for his 'legacy' if he had stopped Canelo or Jacobs...but I do feel those fights, while competitive, were all pretty straightforward for GGG...and all I can say is I scored those fights the same way I always do...if Jacobs or Canelo fought like GGG and vice versa, I'm sure I would have had the same scores.

I do rate GGG pretty high, but if I saw someone beat him I would give that guy full credit I'm sure...because I know very likely they will have earned it...he is just a complete pro in my book and never stops working in the ring...so to beat him/outwork him would be very impressive, and I think would be easy for me to give that guy his due....I just haven't really seen it...certainly not for 12 rounds or 7.

As for the other names...if he was going 12 rounds with Macklin and Monroe, and getting dropped by Lemieux and Stevens etc en route to getting a KO or going 12...I would agree that he is/was overrated...but running through about 15 of those guys by KO I just think is really impressive.

I don't think Canelo would have gotten all of his guys out by KO and maybe would not have 'won' all of them...and the only guy who maybe goes 12 with GGG and maybe legitimately wins on Canelo's resume imo is Lara...just my thoughts from looking at everything.
                canelo def would have plowed through golovkins MW resume with W's....not saying he ko's everyone of them but he def beats them...i agree maybe not ko's though

yeah golovkin gets some credit for going through the guys he did and ko'ing them....but he also gets overrated for it too by many....thats kinda the thing....i mean....its it coincidence that when he stepped up he had trouble doing it?

to me the jacobs knockdown was flash and not really the kind of stuff he was doing the to the C level guys.....it counts...but i dont really count it....so all the stuff he was doing to the C level(maybe B on a good say some of them) guys he couldnt do when he stepped up to fight jacobs and canelo...to me that tells you alot

look at wilder...he does the same thing and gets made fun of for it .....fury and ortiz are top 5 HWs...and he put them down 5x total between the two of them.......i dont think either guy is p4p as good as canelo....but still...when he stepped up his game carried over....he looked/did the same as he always does

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                  Lol...not really man...I've just seen that same narrative put out on here many times...and to be honest I just don't agree with it or see it at all...nothing really to do about GGG...more about getting onto a boxing site, and seeing some head-scratching narratives put out on here...the truth though is that a lot of the strange takes I see on here are anti-GGG takes...and occasionally when I see some takes that are strange, I may make a thread or a comment to generate a discussion.

As I said in my OP...I broke it down name by name more or less...I don't really see where at the moment you can say Canelo's resume is way superior to GGG's...I mean people can say it, because it makes them feel better I guess...honestly to me it seems like a lot of people are really desperate to try and hate on GGG...and they can't hate on the KOs.

So they just talk about the resume...and because there are a lot of people who dislike GGG on here...that narrative can gain a lot of steam because it has a lot of people who want it to be true...but from an objective viewpoint I just don't really see it...certainly in comparison to almost every other resume I've seen in boxing.

When I actually look at the info, I think and have always thought that the who/what/where/when/how on GGG's resume is better than Canelo's...and again I'm not just being generic...I went into some detail and put them all into groups to show my thoughts.

Long story short...I don't think going 12 with Mosley when Canelo did, or 12 with Trout, are better wins than GGG running through Monroe and Geale Ouma Stevens Lemieux etc...if Canelo had done the same things GGG has done I would feel the same way...and tbh I think most people who dislike GGG would slight his resume if he had Canelo's exact resume.

I just try to look at the facts and call it like I see it...hopefully you do too

EVERYONE who read that... knows that you are a silly casual fan

Canelo CLEARLY has a better resume than Hypekin

you badly over-rated many of the scrubs on his shabby resume, which was hilarious..... and you badly under-rated the NAME-opponents on Canelo's resume..... referring to a scrub as "prime" is just silly

like I have said many times.....

casual-fans know nothing about styles / levels / weight

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    Canelo and his team are good at picking opponents that the public knows but their best days are behind them. That's how wins against flawed fighters with a name generate notoriety and fans for Canelo. Fans generate money. His fans generate lots of money. That translates into bargaining power at the negotiating table where he can get away with ridiculous stipulations. Canelo is a very good fighter and a shrewd business man.

Golovkin will not even fight those guys.... he will avoid them to select an opponent who never had a " best day " LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                      The first two paragraphs...I agree with lol...I agree also that GGG could have done more for his 'legacy' if he had stopped Canelo or Jacobs...but I do feel those fights, while competitive, were all pretty straightforward for GGG...and all I can say is I scored those fights the same way I always do...if Jacobs or Canelo fought like GGG and vice versa, I'm sure I would have had the same scores.

I do rate GGG pretty high, but if I saw someone beat him I would give that guy full credit I'm sure...because I know very likely they will have earned it...he is just a complete pro in my book and never stops working in the ring...so to beat him/outwork him would be very impressive, and I think would be easy for me to give that guy his due....I just haven't really seen it...certainly not for 12 rounds or 7.

As for the other names...if he was going 12 rounds with Macklin and Monroe, and getting dropped by Lemieux and Stevens etc en route to getting a KO or going 12...I would agree that he is/was overrated...but running through about 15 of those guys by KO I just think is really impressive.

I don't think Canelo would have gotten all of his guys out by KO and maybe would not have 'won' all of them..
                      .and the only guy who maybe goes 12 with GGG and maybe legitimately wins on Canelo's resume imo is Lara...just my thoughts from looking at everything.

which one of G's scrubs do you think could have beaten Canelo you shlt talking muppet ?

name him !!

this will be funny

you are a shlt-talking undercover g-string

Comment

Working...
                      X