Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THROWBACK: Lennox Lewis' showing Deontay Wilder how to jab: what a damn difference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THROWBACK: Lennox Lewis' showing Deontay Wilder how to jab: what a damn difference

Lennox is...what...51 here?...and he looks so sharp he looks like he could get back in the ring and beat 95% of the current heavies. It's ridiculous

What difference? He still can't box for ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      What difference? He still can't box for ****.
      You're not referring to Lennox, I know you can't be.

I'm saying what a difference - Lennox's jab vs. Deontay's.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        You're not referring to Lennox, I know you can't be.

I'm saying what a difference - Lennox's jab vs. Deontay's.
        I'm pretty sure he was referring to Wilder.

Comment

Very cool vid...Wilder seemed to be a quick study, to be fair to him...that vid does get me wishing we could have seen Wilder vs Tyson...to see if Tyson could slip that jab and do some work on the inside...would have been a great watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
            Very cool vid...Wilder seemed to be a quick study, to be fair to him...that vid does get me wishing we could have seen Wilder vs Tyson...to see if Tyson could slip that jab and do some work on the inside...would have been a great watch.
            Quick study back then, but apparently forgot it all since.

Comment

Lennox could control the fight and win rounds off his jab.

Wilder cant and it will cost him one day when he doesn't land that KO shot.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Quick study back then, but apparently forgot it all since.
                I think he is a bit better than most give him credit for...he doesn't pile up points (with his jab or anything else) but he is very good at keeping distance (partially with his jab), which allows him to always be dangerous, and able to end the fight with 1 shot, as he knows he can do.

Until someone can really push him back and take away his right hand/his ability to always be in position to throw the right hand, he will have a very good chance to win against anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                  I think he is a bit better than most give him credit for...he doesn't pile up points (with his jab or anything else) but he is very good at keeping distance (partially with his jab), which allows him to always be dangerous, and able to end the fight with 1 shot, as he knows he can do.

Until someone can really push him back and take away his right hand/his ability to always be in position to throw the right hand, he will have a very good chance to win against anyone.
                  All I know is, I watched him against Szpilka, who was made to look like a prime Ali in there. It told me all I needed to know - Wilder's not going to win technique awards.

Comment

If Wilder was a decent boxer with a good jab he would be unstoppable in the division today but still he's gotten this far without technical refinements and he could yet still go further despite them.

Comment

Working...
                    X