No announcement yet.

I don't understand how gay people can be christians and catholics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
    Ahh. I see where you are coming from. It's the Finished Work of Christ, not the, "Unfinished until I get it all right Work of Christ"

Here's the thing. We all have strongholds. We have blind spots. We have areas where we are weak and struggle. We fall. We get back up...Some don't "get back up" because they have convinced themselves that their particular sin is 'okay'.

So, a gay person who doesn't see their behavior as unacceptable to God, who can habitually commit the same sin with NO conviction, no misery, no repentance, is fooling themselves if they believe they are saved.

The sin of sodomy, for intents and purposes, is not different than my sin of _________ (fill in the blank), as several have mentioned. Am I convicted by the Holy Spirit ? BINGO ! There's the difference, right ?
    So these "gay churches" or "gay" Pastors, I have to question if they are really even saved. Only God knows what's truly in the heart of a man (or woman) , so I'll leave ALL that judgement up to Him. I can however, use a bit of discernment by watching what kind of fruit you bear..... Amen ?
    Yes. This is a good articulation of my position.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      True, but does it disqualify you from salvation? I say no. My reading of the Scriptures is that belief in the heart, and confession with the mouth, constitute salvation. I read also that all manner of sin, with the exception of blasphemy of the Spirit, to wit, denial of the Resurrection, after knowledge of the Truth, is forgivable. Finally, I read that Salvation is made by faith, not of works, lest any man should boast.
      Faith and works are very much intertwined. The faith GOD requires has to be supported by works. (James 2:24) . . .YOU see that a man is to be declared righteous by works, and not by faith alone.

If we willingly return to a practice of sin and continue then we will not be forgiven. True repentance is a requirement.
      (Matthew 7:21-23) . . .Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.

Salvation is a very serious matter and we must not delude ourselves into thinking otherwise. Yes we are saved by faith but our faith must be supported by godly works which includes not practicing sin.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)

Absolutely untrue. The New Testament reversed nothing.

The Council of Jerusalem decreed that Christians didn't have to follow the Laws of Moses (Jewish/Old Testament laws about slavery, property, sacrifice, diet etc), but none of that applies to the personal and moral teachings of the Old Testament.

So, go ahead and throw out the bacon comment. Unmarried sex is still a sin. Hell, Jesus actually said that looking at a woman lustfully is a sin. Married sex using birth control is a sin. Tattoos are absolutely a sin.

My point is we're all sinners. Weaponizing the teachings of Christ to say that people who have gay sex or get abortions are more sinful than those who hook up with girls carelessly or get lots of tattoos does not fall in line with the teachings of the bible and Christ. Period.

Anyone that's telling you otherwise is someone who needs your money or your vote.
        GGG Gloveking, you see this?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          F.ck u, u racist piece of ****. I hope u burn in hell and get butt f.ked by the devil.
          Only God can judge me. I leave the judging to Him so no need respond to you. Seek God because your heart seems hardened.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            If not they can spend eternity separated from the very God they denied. Spoiler alert, it's not very pleasant
            Red - you talking like you %100 certain of that, man. What gives?

Comment

Yeah it's been a minute since we did one of those. War Ruiz is supposed to hook it up. Time will be better now as well since I'm back in the states
              Cool. Hit him up and see what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                Red - you talking like you %100 certain of that, man. What gives?
                I am 100% certain. That's the point of being a Christian. If I wasn't 100% sure then why follow?

Comment

I am 100% certain. That's the point of being a Christian. If I wasn't 100% sure then why follow?
                  Damn right. Can't do nothing but respect dat. Stay solid, man.

Comment

I don't understand how people can be christians and catholics.

but hey.

Comment

Ummm.....priests be gay.

Comment

Working...
                      X