No announcement yet.

What do you think created the universe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubba Chunday View Post
    I dont see perfection. With the multi universe theory u have countless universes being born constantly, yet most implode and dont expand out like ours did.
    Incredible complexity can arise through fundamentally basic beginnings. The universe

U could argue that its perfection that the shape of the water perfectly matches the shape of the hole in the ground that forms a puddle, but that would mean u dont understand the nature of water, gravity etc.
    Using multiverse as an argument for the universe not being perfect is as lackluster as me using a maker to describe why it is

''Critics claim that many of these theories lack empirical testability, and without hard physical evidence are unfalsifiable; outside the methodology of scientific investigation to confirm or disprove.''

That being said, it's good fun to ponder about such things once in a while

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba Chunday View Post
      Its not a lack of religion that is the cause of society's ills. I dont believe that if everyone was a christian fundamentalist things would be better.
      U also have to look at how very religious societies treat their people.

And i dont think people dont believe in God because bad things happen to good people. But that his existence isnt at all apparent. The world shows no sign of a loving God. Life is just a complex and chaotic happening.
      Originally posted by TheAuthority View Post
      Why do you believe religion is good for society?
      .................................................. .................................................. ....

Unfortunately the data do not support your "contention".

The data suggest that more religious societies have more social problems (e.g crime / murder, teenage pregnancies etc)
      I don't think you have to be "religious" to be a believer... not at all. I'm not religious, I only consider myself to be spiritual in the sense that I believe in a Higher Power (God) and put my faith and trust in Him. I certainly don't believe you have to go to Church or preach to anyone about Him to be a good person. I have more contempt for the stoutly religious and Bible thumpers that sit in judgement of other people according to their own beliefs (while being hypocrites themselves). Bubba, you hit the nail on the head when you said "But that his existence isnt at all apparent. The world shows no sign of a loving God." Most of us that are older know that when our parents grew up, for the most part, taught their children about God (in whatever form), they prayed and taught their children about their belief in God (or whatever Higher Power).... but as the decades pass, less is being taught about Him and more children grow up as non-believers and go on to raise their children as non-believers etc. etc. Children generally learn by what their parents teach them and as they get older they form their own opinion to it. Less and less parents teach them about any kind of Higher power anymore, so they have no real reference point of belief to grow up on. I'm not saying, by any means, that you have to go to church to believe, only that IMO without a Higher power of some sort to believe in that the structure of humanity today seems to have changed quite drastically over the last 30 or so years... certainly not for the better.
      Let me ask this, for anyone who wants to answer... why do you think so many people in prison "find" a Higher power?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
        Let me ask this, for anyone who wants to answer... why do you think so many people in prison "find" a Higher power?
        I'm not sure why you asked this question. I can't see how any (valid) answer could be used to support your view.

Regardless, I assume the belief in a God provides some form of comfort and/or hope to the prisoner.

Unless, this "higher being", for some reason has a special place in his/her heart for criminals, and reveals him/herself in a way that can be independently verified, then there is no reason to believe this being exists based on the notion of inmates finding a higher power whilst in prison (if this is actually the case???).

Comment

Originally posted by TheAuthority View Post
          I'm not sure why you asked this question. I can't see how any (valid) answer could be used to support your view.

Regardless, I assume the belief in a God provides some form of comfort and/or hope to the prisoner.

Unless, this "higher being", for some reason has a special place in his/her heart for criminals, and reveals him/herself in a way that can be independently verified, then there is no reason to believe this being exists based on the notion of inmates finding a higher power whilst in prison (if this is actually the case???).
          I have no alterior motives, and I don't need validation for my opinions to support my views...I asked simply because I was curious. I'm open minded, and I don't judge people for their views. My curiousness to what would make a man/woman go from being a non-believer (in many cases) to a strong believer has me wondering what other peoples opinion might be on the subject. That's all.

Comment

Clearly, Steve Jobs is behind it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
              So where do you think it all started? its a difficult one you always hear these theories about the big bang and god creating the universe but none of them really explain what came before.
              If God created the universe where did god come from what came before god? does god have some form of father him self? does god have brothers with other universe's is there anything above god?
              I dont know a great deal about the big bang theory but in all these scientific theory’s they start with something but what created these things and what came before them?

No one knows,and no one will ever know.All we are doing is creating scenarios,hypothesis,theories on what WE think they originated from.and convince others to believe in it.
              Last edited by Amazinger; 07-02-2010, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                Using multiverse as an argument for the universe not being perfect is as lackluster as me using a maker to describe why it is

''Critics claim that many of these theories lack empirical testability, and without hard physical evidence are unfalsifiable; outside the methodology of scientific investigation to confirm or disprove.''

That being said, it's good fun to ponder about such things once in a while
                I think people are mistaking Universe with Life Existence. It can be argued that it's not perfect from a universe standpoint because it's asymmetrical. But I'd say it's perfect because stars, sun, moon, and other **** doesn't cause problems, it keeps everything functioning properly.

Comment

The Inflationary universe theory states that there was a bubble of pure vacuum energy before the big bang it appears this theory has several flaws in it like all the other theorys but even so you could again say well what came before that lol you could go on like that for ever lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
                    The Inflationary universe theory states that there was a bubble of pure vacuum energy before the big bang it appears this theory has several flaws in it like all the other theorys but even so you could again say well what came before that lol you could go on like that for ever lol.

That is right. You will keep going back ad infinitum....

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsley View Post
                      I think people are mistaking Universe with Life Existence. It can be argued that it's not perfect from a universe standpoint because it's asymmetrical. But I'd say it's perfect because stars, sun, moon, and other **** doesn't cause problems, it keeps everything functioning properly.
                      They do cause problems, hence why so few planets can support life......

Comment

Working...
                      X