Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Thompson Drills Price in British Boxing Stunner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Thompson Drills Price in British Boxing Stunner

British heavyweight champion David Price has lost his unbeaten record after a stunning second-round stoppage loss to American veteran Tony Thompson.

The 29-year-old was a hot favourite to continue his march up the heavyweight ranks, with a shot at the world title his ultimate goal.

But Thompson, an experienced campaigner whose only two recent losses came at the hands of world champion Wladimir Klitschko, had other ideas, and he ended things early with a brutal right hand.
    [Click Here To Read More]

David are you ok?

Comment

Gotta love UK boxing on the big stage. Literally anything can happen.

Comment

Apparently perforated Price's ear drum with that shot, so says the bbc sport report.

Comment

Good time for that to happen, from Price's pov. He knows he has to vary his work at mid- to long-range against better quality opponents. Otherwise, like Thompson did, they can get comfortable and willing to jump in. Now it's time to learn, and learn quick. He can still fulfill his potential imo.

And now for Tony Thompson vs Audley Harrison.

Comment

As if getting knocked out by 2 very light punches wasn't terrible enough already, Tony T. happens to be in an absolutely horrendous shape.

Comment

He got knocked out by a man with a beer belly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris T Byrd View Post
                As if getting knocked out by 2 very light punches wasn't terrible enough already, Tony T. happens to be in an absolutely horrendous shape.
                Beat me to it. I think picture number 14 says it all. Horrible shape

Comment

That was a drilling in the same way that pushing a thumbtack into a wall is hammering.

Comment

(I'll just copy/past my remarks from another thread):

Dan Rafael tweeted, and I quote: "Thompson said he heard the fans booing the US national anthem and he was ticked off about it." Fucking awesome. You go, Tony!

Comment

Working...
                    X