No announcement yet.

Donaire would UTTERLY OUTCLASS & possibly OBLITERATE Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    For one, he's never layed an egg like Rico vs Rigo, and for 6 rds vs Shimoda. And he had people excited about him for a minute, unlike Rico. WV was just fine for a vacant belt moving up, way better than Morel. He was expected to go out on his shield vs Donaire, but played it smart and that will serve him well later. WV KO Ramos any time.
    What has WV2 ever won???

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Not yet established? 6 years into his pro career? 2 fights before he dominated Ponce De Leon?
      You mean, 2 fights later? No solid wins for Caba prior, coming off a KO earlier, going up against undefeated local guy.

Comment

Donaire is proven, the only other fighters that deserve him are Mares and his previous victims. Rigo is still unproven and needs more time.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
          I dont think he has a chance at all to be honest.

Both are great boxers with a slight edge to Rigo's more fundamentally sound style. Athleticism is a slight edge to Donaire. Size is a big advantage to Donaire who is 5'6-5'7 68 inch reach compared to Rigo's 5'4-5'5 frame with 66 inch reach. Chin is clearly advantage to Donaire who has faced big puncher Darchinyan and took his shots very well as oppose to Rigo who was stunned/hurt a couple of times vs Marroquin. Speed is about even. Experience clearly goes to Donaire. Amateur is not the same as professional. Rigo has not faced the same caliber of opponents as Donaire has.

Another big factor is age. Rigo is 32. Considering he is cuban he might be closer to 35. Donaire is only 29 and in the middle of his prime. Donaire's best punch is the counter left hook. Rigo got hurt/stunned a couple times by Marroquin's left hook.

I just dont see how Rigo is going to beat donaire.

I find it truly laughable that a Top 5 p4p fighter, 4 division champion, with KO of the years vs two other top 10 p4p fighters, would be afraid of a 11 win fighter whose best name on his resume is Marroquin and Cordoba.

Its Rigondeaux who has to prove himself to be worthy to step in the ring with Donaire not the other way around.

Cool. Then he should have no problem proving it by fighting Rigo

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            What has WV2 ever won???
            He won a vacant belt against some guy a few people were excited about for a second, unlike Shimoda. Unlike Ramos, he defended, twice. Ramos beat a zero defense champ who won it off a 0 defense champ

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              He won a vacant belt against some guy a few people were excited about for a second, unlike Shimoda. Unlike Ramos, he defended, twice. Ramos beat a zero defense champ who won it off a 0 defense champ
              Shimoda is better than anyone WV2 has beaten. Shimoda beat the #2 SBW in the world to win his title. Though Ramos was clearly losing, he stopped Shimoda. Than Rigo fought him.

Vazquez beat two prospects that most didn't know anything about and than beat Ivan Hernandez, than got TKO'd by Arce. Than, Donaire fought him for a vacant title.

Why are there so many excuses for Donaire to not fight Rigondeaux??? You'd think if it was so easy Donaire, would have no problem unifying in an easy fight against Rigondeaux.
              Last edited by 4Corners; 10-14-2012, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                I dont think he has a chance at all to be honest.

Both are great boxers with a slight edge to Rigo's more fundamentally sound style. Athleticism is a slight edge to Donaire. Size is a big advantage to Donaire who is 5'6-5'7 68 inch reach compared to Rigo's 5'4-5'5 frame with 66 inch reach. Chin is clearly advantage to Donaire who has faced big puncher Darchinyan and took his shots very well as oppose to Rigo who was stunned/hurt a couple of times vs Marroquin. Speed is about even. Experience clearly goes to Donaire. Amateur is not the same as professional. Rigo has not faced the same caliber of opponents as Donaire has.

Another big factor is age. Rigo is 32. Considering he is cuban he might be closer to 35. Donaire is only 29 and in the middle of his prime. Donaire's best punch is the counter left hook. Rigo got hurt/stunned a couple times by Marroquin's left hook.

I just dont see how Rigo is going to beat donaire.

I find it truly laughable that a Top 5 p4p fighter, 4 division champion, with KO of the years vs two other top 10 p4p fighters, would be afraid of a 11 win fighter whose best name on his resume is Marroquin and Cordoba.

Its Rigondeaux who has to prove himself to be worthy to step in the ring with Donaire not the other way around.
                I agree, but Donaire is still scared. He's used to being a star, just like Floyd. Its hard to deal with the idea of someone coming along that may test you. All fighters deal with it hen they realize that its competition out.

Comment

What's funny is many of the same people saying Donaire is ducking Rigo were saying he was ducking Nishioka. Lol.

I think it would go the exact same way as this fight. Rigo would be worried about the power, it would be ugly, either Donaire hurts him at some point and stops him or Rigo loses a decision because he never fought and opened up.

Comment

Easy statement to make when you know the fight won't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      What's funny is many of the same people saying Donaire is ducking Rigo were saying he was ducking Nishioka. Lol.

I think it would go the exact same way as this fight. Rigo would be worried about the power, it would be ugly, either Donaire hurts him at some point and stops him or Rigo loses a decision because he never fought and opened up.
                      I see exactly the way you see it. Rigo run away from Cordoba after he got hurt from a jab and did the hit and run against Marroquin after he got clocked. Rigo will probably run away and survive the whole 12 rounds. It will be an ugly fight with Donaire coasting to UD victory. Rigo will probably test his power and see if he can hurt Donaire in the beginning but if he can't do it, he has enough skills to survive and just run.

Comment

Working...
                      X