Arum: Donaire would break into the PPV domain with the Arce fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Arce, WTF.

Only Mares and Gamboa IMO. Even then those fights aren't particularly PPV worthy.
    According to ESPN deportes poll, people demanded a Donaire-Arce fight over a Donaire-Mares fight. Rigondeaux was near last on that poll and Mijares was second on that list behind Arce lol.

Comment

When was the last time they had lower weights headline a ppv?

Comment

Btw Gamboa is not with Top Rank anymore and said he's done with 126. Why is his name being thrown around in this thread?

Comment

Even though I don't want this fight to happen next and would prefer Nishioka or Mares (Rigo excluded since we all know it won't happen), this probably has the best casual PPV appeal. Donaire is going to look like he's the shit against Arce and would perform a lot better than his last two fights.
          Arum knows this and if he wants Donaire to make a splash in the PPV realm, this is the best fight to make that'll make Donaire look his best.
          I already know what he's going to do to justify it. Bring up Arce being the "first" Mexican to win belts in 4 weightclasses and Arce being on PPV undercards.
          Then he'll use the common opponent of WV2 and how Arce KO'd him while Donaire got a SD that was BS (Don't know how one judge had it 117 in WV2's favor).
          Arum's smart.... he knows Donaire can't be boo'd a fourth time in a row, he has to get him an opponent where Donaire will look good. Arce will play into Donaire and the fight could end by KO.

Comment

ppv?? when was the last time 122 lber headline a ppv

Comment

Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
              I don't think Donaire is ppv material being a jr. featherweight.

I would pay to see Donaire fight Mares or Gamboa. That's just a personal preference.
              Co-sign the only ones I would order on PPV are Donaire vs. Mares/Gamboa I would def watch him on HBO vs Nishioka but I aint ordering that s hit

I love how these networks are giving the lower weight divisions coverage now fights in these weights are explosive/exciting

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Arum's smart.... he knows Donaire can't be boo'd a fourth time in a row, he has to get him an opponent where Donaire will look good. Arce will play into Donaire and the fight could end by KO.
                You noticed this too didn't you?

You know what's funny tho? Imagine Salido-Lopez I all over again with Arce spoiling Arum's plans with Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  You noticed this too didn't you?

You know what's funny tho? Imagine Salido-Lopez I all over again with Arce spoiling Arum's plans with Donaire.
                  I was there live for Narvaez and it was every single round after a certain point... it was loud as hell man.
                  I heard it in the WV2 fight and even though I had the Mathebula fight muted in certain places, I still heard it.
                  Arum desperately needs a dancing partner that'll play with Donaire and Arce is best for him.

Comment

I was there live for Narvaez and it was every single round after a certain point... it was loud as hell man.
                    I heard it in the WV2 fight and even though I had the Mathebula fight muted in certain places, I still heard it.
                    Arum desperately needs a dancing partner that'll play with Donaire and Arce is best for him.
                    Im sorry to hear that. You picked possibly the worst fight to attend to . But you are right, which better way than to make Donaire look good than to put him in there vs Arce.

Comment

Donaire has been trying to hard to be a exciting KO fighter. He needs to listen to his corner, jab more and go back to his style, boxer-counter puncher.

Comment

Working...
                      X