No announcement yet.

"The referee didn't warn me" Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    The guy's in the middle of a fight, he's not hearing anything, all he's trying to do is focus on, and batter his opponent. Cooper had the option to take him to one side and warn him or come to his corner between rounds and warn him. He did neither.

But as I said, that wasn't the real issue, the real issue is the two US judges scorecards which were way out of sync with what actually happened in the ring, the neutral PR judge got it spot on.
    Well, you can hear something.

When the ref is next to you, warning you, screaming at you, to stop pushing you can hear it.

When he say's last warning, you can hear it.

And that's not the real issue, not in this thread. Read the title? It's about Khan saying he wasn't warned. Which is frankly bull****.

Comment

I swore he Larry asked him if Khan if the ref warned him in the interview after the fight and Khan said yes...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

When the ref is next to you, warning you, screaming at you, to stop pushing you can hear it.

And that's not the real issue, not in this thread. Read the title? It's about Khan saying he wasn't warned. Which is frankly bull****.
        He might hear it but it's clearly not going in, he doesn't even look or glance at him (the ref) in the video, he's focused on Peterson.

I think most, on HBO and on here, have flagged up the type of warning the ref should have given Khan so in that sense he has a point imo. I'll leave it there on that one.

Comment

Khan is an a$$........

Comment

"half of the marks on my face were because of his head"

stfu amir kunt !!! those marks on your face are because of your ****ty defense lunging in like a maniac and getting punched in your face !!!! or laying on the roaps eating uppercuts like a dumbasss!!!! instead of listening to freddie roach you wanted to be macho and prove you can take a punch like manny but the truth is your chin isnt as good as manny and neither is your punch resistance or defense !!!!!!!! roach had a good game plan but your ego and arrogance allowed you to go astray !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

He was definitely warned. They may not have been hard warnings where the ref called time or anything, but if you're getting consistently warned for the same thing throughout the fight, that means you've gotta stop doing that *****. Khan should just take his loss like a man, and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                He might hear it but it's clearly not going in, he doesn't even look or glance at him (the ref) in the video, he's focused on Peterson.

I think most, on HBO and on here, have flagged up the type of warning the ref should have given Khan so in that sense he has a point imo. I'll leave it there on that one.
                Uhhh... it wouldn't have made a difference.. he got penalized and STILL proceeded to push what does that tell you?. That's Khan's problem not the refs, that's his natural inclination when forced to fight on the inside is to push - he was going to keep doing it regardless. The ref literally warned him a few times which was more than enough considering Khan pushed well over 20 times. It wasn't even a nudge, it was a real push.

Comment

You don't have to call time to give a hard warning.

Saying "Last warning" is a hard warning. It's absolutely literal, "Last warning" means exactly that - This is your last warning, next time I'm taking a point.

Warning's don't really come harder than that.

And, he was warned a lot more than 4 times.
                  ye he was warned more than 4 times but wat i was saying is tht ringside shown highlights of the fight (5 mins) n in just tht short period u could hear the ref warn him 4 times

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                    THERES YOUR HARD WARNING. now stop spreading lies. that dumb hbo team have really created a bunch of brain washed baffoons.........

I see your point, no need to insult. I guess we have two diff. Opinions on "hard warning." I think it is when you separate fighters, stop action, send them to neutral corners and say, "If you push again, I'm taking a point." I don't think Khan ever got that. And taking points for pushing is 100% home cooking. Not defending Khan, he didn't fight the best down the stretch...but the ref didn't give him a fair shake either.

Ps...we can just disagree man...lol

Comment

but see the ref went to Peterson corner called a time out and issued a warning before a round he didn't do that with Khan also the ref warned Peterson through out the fight to keep his head up but never took a point

Comment

Working...
                      X