Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquez vs Pacquiao and the HBO Bias! (Great Article)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=QS2;11439232]
    Originally posted by PunchesNbuncheS View Post
    Damn, this article is like kryptonite to all the remaining idiot *******s who are desperately trying in vain to sway public opinion towards their GOD winning.

to be fair...
    marquez did not beat up or dominated pacquiao. he made pacquiao look bad. both fighter took damages, look at their faces.
    the fight was close and the judges favored the aggressor.

most of the time the champion usually
    gets the nod when a fight is close.

i am not impressed with pacquiao either.
    in a way your right..

jmm made pac looked bad....

like shane did make pac looked bad..

compare the 3 fights of pac vs jmm...

jmm did a little better modified version of shane in 3...

i still think jmm did much better in fights 1 & 2...

unfortunately for juan, it is apparently not enough for the judges that pac looked bad...

Comment

Last time I post something about this fight unless I make a thread of my own. There is no need to argue, too many people agree with me.

Marquez whooped that azz and there is no sugar coating it. I love how Marquez moved to the left and completely confused Pacquiao.

I learned something new by watching that, not just about Pac but about orthodox technique vs southpaw technique. Marquez really seemed to have used the first 4 rounds programming himself while analyzing Pac's movements.

I've seen Floyd adjust but it happens so quickly and flawlessly it's easy to miss, you just notice the tides start to turn in a subtle manner. With Marquez in this fight it wasn't flawless which made it very obvious that he was adjusting for control, and he maintained it throughout the fight.

I really enjoyed this fight partially because I knew all Pac had to do was land a couple good ones Marquez could not see, but Marquez was very aware and kept his eyes on the prize through the fire and all.

Marquez made it quite clear that while a puncher can hurt a boxer at any given moment a boxer can completely control a puncher and almost push him into responding as dictated.

WAR MARQUEZ

BTW out of respect for all three boxers, Floyd's name should not appear in this thread anymore. In a world of cars there are many different types that may suit you well depending on your character, However, Lamborghini's and Porche's have no place in a discussion of Luxory Jets. I am not dissing Jmm or Pac but it's clear the only way to truly respect cars is to keep luxury jet's out of the equation. Floyd is a luxory jet and while these guys FIGHT he Entertain's. I'm not saying cars aren't more adequate for certain occasions it's just that there are no dead end roads in the sky !!!
      Last edited by Bacatit; 11-18-2011, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacatit View Post
        Last time I post something about this fight unless I make a thread of my own. There is no need to argue, too many people agree with me.

Marquez whooped that azz and there is no sugar coating it. I love how Marquez moved to the left and completely confused Pacquiao.

I learned something new by watching that, not just about Pac but about orthodox technique vs southpaw technique. Marquez really seemed to have used the first 4 rounds programming himself while analyzing Pac's movements.

thats not how i and Judge GlennTrowbridge saw it

jmm spent the first 4 rounds trying to back up his ko promise and instead got his face caved in by pacquiao.

he then spent the next 8 rounds [losing 5 of them in my book] going back to his counterpunching style because he didnt want to get laid out by pac yet again.

in close rounds, you favor the aggressor for good reason - they take the risks and you have to reward that risk.

if you're going to counter punch, then you have to at least clearly get the better of the aggrssor [something which i think jmm ony did in round 5 and 7, but i gave him 8 as well]

i reitterate: if jmms punches were so clean, why did pacs face show no signs of damage at all....except for the heabutt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
          Works both ways. It was an easy fight to score if you are a Pachater.

Thank God the judges weren't blind. Their scorecard is what matters. (2-0-1 Pac vs. JMM)
          Just stop already, going into the fight Saturday night more people loved Manny than hated Manny, even the biggest hater (Mayweather fans) wanted to see Pacquiao take care of business but he lost, a draw would be acceptable but no way did Pacquiao do anything to deserve a win. Though not dominating, Marquez was in total control of the action and with so many close rounds, he deserved the nod for his ring generalship on the cards. The only people who had Pac winning are bias Pac fans or in on the fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyman View Post
            thats not how i and Judge GlennTrowbridge saw it

jmm spent the first 4 rounds trying to back up his ko promise and instead got his fist caved in by pacquiao's face.

he then spent the next 8 rounds [losing 5 of them in my book] going back to his counterpunching style because he didnt want to get laid out by pac yet again.

in close rounds, you favor the aggressor for good reason - they take the risks and you have to reward that risk.

if you're going to counter punch, then you have to at least clearly get the better of the aggrssor [something which i think jmm ony did in round 5 and 7, but i gave him 8 as well]

i reitterate: if jmms punches were so clean, why did pacs face show no signs of damage at all....except for the heabutt.
            there fixed it for u

Comment

Working...
            X