No announcement yet.

High PPV Numbers Doesn't = Good For Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High PPV Numbers Doesn't = Good For Boxing

High PPV #'s isnt what is good for boxing, it is just a number of people who bought it. What IS good for boxing is the quality of programming they have ON the PPV so that more people can tune in next time. Mayweather-DLH is the biggest selling fight in the history of history but does that mean it = good for boxing? Hell no, that fight turned off a lot of casual fans.

So any time a fan says a PPV did good numbers means it is good for boxing, just remember the biggest fight in history. Promoters have a chance to captivate new audiences when more casual fans tune in as many of them wont buy it again if the PPV sucks, so they have to get it right

High PPV buys in Pac and Mayweather fights where they are NOT fighting eachother is only prolonging the fight everyone wants to see. If they can make big money fighting easier opponents then they will
    Last edited by Ring Leader; 10-26-2011, 04:09 PM.

Anything positive for boxing is great for boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
      So as long as Mayweather and Pacquiao keep making money off fighting the likes of Clottey, Margacheato, Marquez at welterweight , and now talks of Bradley and Mike Jones, that is what is GOOD for boxing?

What's good for boxing is to get fights that the fans want. The fans wont get the fights they want as long as they can make money off of lower opponents. Fights that lost its luster and/or didnt happen because of this kind of business is Gamboa-Lopez, Hopkins-Jones II, Tyson-Lewis, DLH-Tito II, Mayweather-Pacquiao

I guess if you want to see Pacquiao fight more Clottey's and Marquez at welterweight and Mayweather fighting mismatches...have fun

Comment

I heard the guy has three fights lined up already. All under Top Rank

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          Please explain what has the hundreds of millions of dollars in PPV money has done for the betterment of the sport. I've only seen marginal gains, if any.

Comment

When there is 2 huge ppv stars it hurts to sport until people stop buying their fights against opponents we dont want to see. Im not buying a single PPV until Mayweather-Pacquiao is in the bag, I've been waiting for this fight for 2 and a half years and others as well

Comment

IF a shitty movie makes a fuck ton of money is that bad for the movie industry~

No it is not, eventually that may come back on the star but studios will continue to try and make that money. Same in boxing it gives those with money reason to invest and take a risk, without a chance of big gain why fuck with the risk of boxing~

Comment

i got a feeling that the mayweather/pacquiao fight will be boring as hell

Comment

I would imagine that the more money HBO or now Showtime makes from PPV sales, the more $ they have in their boxing budget. Same with promoters, more $=more promotions for fights, fighters, and events.

But it definitely is a double edged sword.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    IF a shitty movie makes a fuck ton of money is that bad for the movie industry~

No it is not, eventually that may come back on the star but studios will continue to try and make that money. Same in boxing it gives those with money reason to invest and take a risk, without a chance of big gain why fuck with the risk of boxing~
                    this aint the movie industry

Comment

Working...
                    X