Float Like A Butterfly, Sting Like A Bee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float Like A Butterfly, Sting Like A Bee

Hi.

I have decided to take ballet and boxing lessons.

Float Like A Butterfly

Sting Like A Bee

Daniel Kemp

Well, Billy Elliot, taking ballet lessons will probably improve your balance and strengthen your calf muscles, however it can potentially have a negative impact on your mental strength, you know, with all the birds in your class and whatnot.

Comment

Ballet will teach you nothing that you need to know in the ring........Rockin'

Comment

I agree...drop the Ballet. You could take up Fencing instead if your really worried about having light feet, but really a solid boxing instructor should be all you need bud.

Comment

Do you have any pants on in the ballet shoes picture?

Comment

Originally posted by IRISH LULLABY View Post
            Well, Billy Elliot, taking ballet lessons will probably improve your balance and strengthen your calf muscles, however it can potentially have a negative impact on your mental strength, you know, with all the birds in your class and whatnot.
            How will that have a negative impact on my mental strength?

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
            I agree...drop the Ballet. You could take up Fencing instead if your really worried about having light feet, but really a solid boxing instructor should be all you need bud.
            Why is fencing better?

Originally posted by MePunchHard View Post
            Do you have any pants on in the ballet shoes picture?
            No.

Comment

Fencing would be better because it would help with your sense of moving in and out of range whereas ballet would just help you prance about a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
                Fencing would be better because it would help with your sense of moving in and out of range whereas ballet would just help you prance about a bit
                simply put. Do a little history checking and you'll come to find many-a-pugilist found success in fencing and back the other way as well. Here's a name to know: James Figg. I've nothing against ballet...i'm sure it'll grant light feet, but fencing is light feet with a heavy purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
                  Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                  simply put. Do a little history checking and you'll come to find many-a-pugilist found success in fencing and back the other way as well. Here's a name to know: James Figg. I've nothing against ballet...i'm sure it'll grant light feet, but fencing is light feet with a heavy purpose.
                  I was thinking about taking fencing lessons, but people wrote that it wasn't a good idea.

I already bought stuff for ballet, so I'll try it out, but I'll look into fencing schools.

Thanks Chip2006uk and Marchegiano.

Comment

Fencing could help abit but I would still say that if you want to box it should be more than enough working out and traing on it's own. You could be a joker of all trades or a master of one at a time. Boxing will take whatever extra energy that you'll have if you do it properly........Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X