Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Fans Subscribed To ESPN+ For Crawford vs Horn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    I knew this fight was only going one way, figured i will save my free trial for an espn+ fight im excited to see. Im notoriously bad about remembering to cancel those 3-day/7-day free trial things
    And that's what they're counting on, hence only giving you 7 days to cancel. If they get enough subscribers to forget to cancel even for one cycle, that's free money for them.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
      What didn't you like about the production?
      The broadcast team was terrible and it seemed to me that there was a lot of dead time. It took forever in between fights, that was one of the main reasons I stopped watching. A also buffered a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
        bob arum is running Crawford and LOmachenko's career into the ground. I'll keep saying it. Those 2 guys need to get up from under Arum. One of the biggest fights of Crawford's career and Arum put i on a goddamn streaming service? wtf
        They are most people's p4p #1 and 2 have both recently became three division title holders. One is the only man to fully unify a division in a decade and the other the fastest to win titles in 1, 2 and 3 divisions. Both are also among the highest earners in Boxing and are gaining more attention and possibly going to get bigger fights and they are being run into the ground?

Crawford just got paid $3m for this fight. I think most as in 99.999999% would love to be "run into the ground" like that.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
          The broadcast team was terrible and it seemed to me that there was a lot of dead time. It took forever in between fights, that was one of the main reasons I stopped watching. A also buffered a bit.
          Wow, that's garbage. They expect you to sign up for a product that they treat like an afterthought. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            They are most people's p4p #1 and 2 have both recently became three division title holders. One is the only man to fully unify a division in a decade and the other the fastest to win titles in 1, 2 and 3 divisions. Both are also among the highest earners in Boxing and are gaining more attention and possibly going to get bigger fights and they are being run into the ground?

Crawford just got paid $3m for this fight. I think most as in 99.999999% would love to be "run into the ground" like that.
            I think he means Crawford could have gotten far more exposure for this fight on mainstream ESPN. Consider that Pacquiao vs Horn was on ESPN, yet the guy who got to expose Horn (Crawford) could only be seen doing it on some new fringe app.

Comment

I subbed then cancelled the next day. App isn't really that good and live feed was spotty at times and my wifi connection is 45-50 mbps so it wasn't on my end. Others I spoke to had issues too.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                That is the downfall of Arum's ESPN+ and Hearn's DAZN. Restaurants and Bars aren't set up to stream sports. I really doubt they would invest and change their whole setup to stream a fight here and there.
                good point there

however, the kind of person who will be subscribing to ESPN+, will likely already have the ESPN app on their mobile device.

it's a niche product serving a niche market, remember this.

DAZN, is a different beast though. their offerings are supposed to be more robust, especially if you use a VPN to access geo-restricted content (such as NFL Sunday Ticket in Canada)

I know businesses cant skirt the geo-restriction without risk of penalty. but for us private users, im already planning on doing the NFL Sunday Ticket via DAZN. far cheaper than the actual service in the USA
                Last edited by BlakBread904; 06-12-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                  I subbed then cancelled the next day. App isn't really that good and live feed was spotty at times and my wifi connection is 45-50 mbps so it wasn't on my end. Others I spoke to had issues too.
                  Same here. Although to my surprise,the Crawford/Horn fight streamed flawlessly but the under card stream quality was very spotty. I hear alot of the live events streaming quality issues are caused by the channels not streaming at 60 frames per second like they should be. Alot of streaming channels are only at 30 frames per second. I believe this is slowly being addressed by the streaming services because quite frankly it's still not as reliable as cable TV in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                    good point there

however, the kind of person who will be subscribing to ESPN+, will likely already have the ESPN app on their mobile device.

it's a niche product serving a niche market, remember this.

DAZN, is a different beast though. their offerings are supposed to be more robust, especially if you use a VPN to access geo-restricted content (such as NFL Sunday Ticket in Canada)

I know businesses cant skirt the geo-restriction without risk of penalty. but for us private users, im already planning on doing the NFL Sunday Ticket via DAZN. far cheaper than the actual service in the USA
                    I've read from people that stream the NFL Ticket in Canada through DAZN, that it is horrible. I believe there's a twitter account that details this, heres the link
                    https://twitter.com/daznsucks?lang=en

Comment

The Hardcore Boxing Fans we do whatever it takes to see boxing but the Casuals are who they want to tune in also and I seriously doubt many casual sports fans took the time to download the App just for a boxing match between two fighters they likely don't even know

Comment

Working...
                      X