Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios Hopes 'I Don't Get Back Down to F***ing Gutter' After Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rios Hopes 'I Don't Get Back Down to F***ing Gutter' After Loss

A discouraged Brandon Rios realized in its aftermath what his technical-knockout defeat to Danny Garcia could mean to his career. Unlike his lopsided loss to Timothy Bradley two years earlier, Rios was well-prepared and put forth a commendable performance against Garcia on Saturday night in Las Vegas. The result still means Rios (34-4-1, 25 KOs) has been stopped in two of his past three bouts and hasn't won a significant fight since stopping an ill-prepared Mike Alvarado in their rubber match three years ago.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Please someone get a handle on his finances so he doesn't wind up in the gutter.

Comment

He should've never been at the top! What did Rios do to deserve the right to fight Pacquiao, Bradley, and Danny Garcia?

Comment

Never give up Rios, real boxing fans appriciate what you've been doing for the sport. Always great entertainment (when he wasn't drained)

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          He should've never been at the top! What did Rios do to deserve the right to fight Pacquiao, Bradley, and Danny Garcia?
          reality is he was with top rank at the right time when top rank had basically no one at 140 to 147. his claim to fame tho was really the alvarado trilogy those were some most entertaining fights i can remember. The reality tho is top rank did a hell of a job promoting him

Comment

just stop chasing big fights. just fight fighters you know you can beat.

what sucks about all this is i wished rios would have stayed with ricky funez for this fight just to give ricky a chance at the spotlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              the same reason why guys like berto and conor got the fight with floyd.

Comment

He was never the same after being schooled by Abril, has been well handled throughout his career, should have made a decent bit of money, time to hang em up!

Comment

know your worth, stop chasing big/harder fights.

yes, i know it's always good to aim higher but when you know you aint got what it takes to compete at that level, dont kill yourself trying to get there.

just fight the fights you can win and collect the check. save yourself from unnecessary punishment by fighting guys out of your league.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                    reality is he was with top rank at the right time when top rank had basically no one at 140 to 147. his claim to fame tho was really the alvarado trilogy those were some most entertaining fights i can remember. The reality tho is top rank did a hell of a job promoting him
                    They definitely did a good job selling him, but I never bought it!

Comment

Working...
                    X